Position at IDEA Public Schools About IDEA Public Schools
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years - that's 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA's co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve nearly 53,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. By 2022, IDEA will serve 100,000 students. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you-with continued growth in our current regions and new launches in Houston (2020), Permian Basin (2020), and Tampa Bay (2021)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video
. Role Mission:
The Information Systems (InfoSys) Coordinator is responsible for providing high-level administrative support to the Infosys Department, including entering purchase orders, monthly/yearly budget analysis, reconciling purchase cards, submitting reimbursement for staff mileage/per diem, and aiding in event planning and scheduling.Accountabilities Assist in event planning and scheduling for all InfoSys leadership by developing and maintaining an up to date yearly calendar.
Provide budget reporting, forecasting, and management every quarter.
- Partner with operation team leaders to coordinate departmental quarterly or yearly events
- Build and maintain InfoSys department-wide shared calendar
- Vendor event relationships for off-site training or large meetings
Ensure BoY (beginning of year) purchasing and travel requirements necessary for deliverables of FDoS (first day of school) are completed 100%.
- Provide monthly up to date expenditure reports
- Develop and maintain a quarterly budget analysis report
- Participate in the yearly annual budget review and planning
Complete 100% of all purchase orders and receiving by their renewal or required date.
- Ensure all software necessary for staff
- Ensuring proper group memberships and access follows the least privileged model.
- Develop and implement scheduled audits on all annual license renewals to ensure
Assist the entire department with travel and purchase card support monthly
- Submit purchase order requests
- Partner with each department and vendors to ensure payments are received on time
- Develop and maintain enterprise software renewal tracker
- Build and establish working relationships with all InfoSys vendors
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Submit per diem, travel, and business expense requests in Concur
- Partner with the business office as needed for escalations
- Monitor and provide monthly reports on travel-related expenses
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Associates degree in Technology field
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum three-year budgeting experience within a corporate environment supporting multiple departments.
- Proficient in Microsoft productivity tools such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint and OneDrive
- Experience in budget reconciliation, forecasting, and management
- Experience with Enterprise License management
- Must be able to communicate effectively with non-technical individuals
- Experience working in an administrative support position
- Ability to think proactively and work with minimal direction
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to analyze and resolve computer hardware and software problems
- Ability to repair computer and technology equipment
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.