Provides guidance and technical assistance to grants managers and support staff on grant implementation, administration, and reporting to ensure smooth operation of assigned competitive or entitlement grant programs and contractual agreements. Responsible for researching and monitoring the expenditures of local, state, federal, and private grant programs and facilitating the expenditure of funds in compliance with grantor and local requirements.
- Provides advice and technical assistance in the implementation of grant programs and reporting. Functions as a resource team member in regard to compliance regulations and legislative issues impacting the use of grant funds and delivery of assigned programs.
- Participates in monitoring grant programs and report components, communicating with school system staff, collaborative partners, and granting agencies.
- Uses computer packages, databases, and on-line services to track and manage grant information and generate reports.
- Confers with instructional staff in resolving grant questions raised during the implementation of grant programs.
- Conducts ongoing grant reviews to identify areas of concern in the program implementation process, and targets corrective actions to ensure that expenditure of funds reflects program requirements.
- Provides technical advice and assistance in grant program and financial matters.
- Forms and assists project management teams responsible for effecting grant programs, and coordinates with key budget and financial staff as appropriate.
- Keeps abreast of current school system developments that may impact the management of grant programs, contractual agreements, and compilation of reports.
- Facilitates training for grant managers.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school board policies and the professional standards.
Maximum Salary 81555.00
Minimum Salary 65908.00
- Bachelor's degree in education, business administration, or a related field from an accredited college or university (Master's preferred).
- Three (3) years successful related professional experience in monitoring sponsored or non-sponsored projects and tracking expenditures, preferably in an education environment.
- Experience working with county, state, federal, and/or private agencies desirable.
- Experience working with contractual agreements also desirable.
- Equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform effectively in this position may be considered.
- Considerable knowledge of grants management and reporting processes.
- Knowledge of budget/accounting methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of granting agency requirements and grant criteria and familiarity with reporting instruments and administrative procedures for monitoring grant awards and of related computer packages and on-line resources.
- Excellent oral and written communications and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to prioritize, plan, and execute multiple, complicated and continuing assignments in a timely manner.
- Ability to work effectively under tight deadlines and heavy workloads.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and report findings and recommendations regarding grants management processes.
Full time or Part time Full time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts -undergraduate, graduate and all MSDE Certifications
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded into application
- All documentation must be scanned and uploaded to application
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age in its employment, programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts of America and other designated youth groups. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact Equal Opportunity Manager, Title IX Coordinator Equal Employment Opportunity and Title IX Compliance Office 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208 Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax).This position is affiliated with the Paraprofessionals and School Related Personnel (PSRP) bargaining unit.