Cleans and maintains school buildings and surrounding grounds. Ensures cleanliness and orderliness of assigned areas. May be required to move furniture and equipment.
- Sweeps, vacuums, dusts, mops, waxes and buffs floors, hallways, stairs and building interiors. Operates standards cleaning equipment such as vacuum cleaners, buffers, and mops.
- Washes windows, walls and ceilings, polishes brass, displays equipment and other objects. Dusts and polishes furniture.
- Cleans and maintains sanitary restrooms.
- Gathers and transports trash and refuse from assigned areas to appropriate disposal locations.
- Moves and rearranges furniture and equipment.
- Removes and installs light bulbs.
- May remove weeds and mow lawns. May remove ice and snow from sidewalks, steps and grounds.
- Expected, with others, to maintain supplies and materials.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and non-discrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school board policies and the professional standards.
Maximum Salary 15.73
Minimum Salary 13.77
- Completion of the eighth grade.
- Six months of cleaning or custodial experience.
- Valid Maryland Noncommercial Class C or equivalent drivers license optional.
- Knowledge of the methods, materials and techniques of cleaning and custodial work.
- Knowledge of related basic safety practices and procedures.
- Ability to operate and maintain non-complex hand and power cleaning tools and equipment.
- Ability to work with chemicals and cleaning solutions.
- Ability to read, write, and follow directions.
Full time or Part time Full time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Online Application
- Resume and cover letter
- Proof of 8 th grade education
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age in its employment, programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts of America and other designated youth groups. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact Equal Opportunity Manager, Title IX Coordinator Equal Employment Opportunity and Title IX Compliance Office 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208 Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax).