Position at IDEA Public Schools
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all of our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 58% of our students graduate from college in 6 years - that's 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA's co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve nearly 45,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. By 2022, IDEA will serve 100,000 students. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you-with continued growth in our current regions and new launches in Tarrant County (Fort Worth/Arlington), New Orleans, Houston (2020), Permian Basin (202 0 ), and Tampa Bay (2021)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video
Role Mission: In 2020-21 IDEA Public Schools will serv e nearly 6 5,000 students and will grow to serve 100,000 students by 2022 across schools in Texas, Louisiana, Florida, Cincinnati , and potential other states to be determined. The Director of Enrollment plays a pivotal role in ensuring that IDEA schools are fully enrolled, and The Director of Enrollment oversees th e annual student enrollment cycle that starts with the application opening in September and ends with 100% enrollment on the first day of school. S/he will work primarily with Regional Directors of Operations (RDOs) , Assistant Principals of Operations (APOs) in each region , and Enrollment Managers to ensure the effective management of al l enrollment milestones : season pre-launch, application launch, lottery, orientation, registration and the first day of school.
Th e m i lestone management i ncludes, but is not limited to reporting, training, accountability management, analyzing trends, sharing best practices, and effectively rolling out new initiatives or modifications to existing practices. The person in this role will also be responsible for buil ding the management capacity of RDOs in each region through ongoing coaching and development.
The Director of Enrollmen t will report directly to the Senior Vice President of Marketing , Communications , a nd Enrollment, a nd will oversee a team of 5 6 which consists of t hree ( 3 ) Enrollment Managers and 5 3 Enrollment Coordinators (when fully staffed in 2020 ) and three (3) Enrollment Managers and 70 Enrollment Coordinators (when fully staffed in 2021) . They will partner closely with 13 RDOs to manage regions and campuses to success . Compensation is commensurate with experience.
- Develop systems to support the accountabilities below.
- Continue the development of IDEA's proprietary enrollment platform STREAM by working with a third-party developer on system requirements for each milestone. This includes:
- Working with internal IDEA teams on their business and data needs.
- Design documentation for each milestone (application launch, re-registration, registration, lottery, and onboarding) and managing a third-party to development
- Lead internal focus groups to test features and solicit input
- Managing the iteration process and ongoing development
- Provide guidance, training, and support for team members to create and maintain artifacts that support Enrollment. This includes:
- Developing and/or editing the Enrollment Playbook
- Creating and/or editing each Enrollment Milestone Guide
- Designing and/or editing IDEA's internal website for Enrollment
- In partnership with the Human Assets team, Hire, Onboard, Develop, and Retain 85% of Enrollment Coordinators.
- Manage team members to lead the scorecard development, posting, and screening process for Enrollment Coordinator vacancies
- Projected vacancies include 17 for new sites and 11 for backfills due to average role attrition.
- Manage team members to lead the in-person onboarding for new hires and develop necessary onboarding tools. This could include:
- Welcome emails and work kits
- Onboarding documents and trainings
- Manage team members to lead the development series for Enrollment Coordinators (70). This includes:
- Ongoing coaching and developing through check-ins, tactical meetings, and monthly trainings . Monthly training and ongoing training includes :
- Pitch proficiency
- Program understanding
- Business partnership 101
- IDEA 101
- Customer Service
- IDEA's Enrollment Cycle management
- Providing real-time customer service via phone, text, and chat management
- Retain 85% of Enrollment Coordinators
- Co-Support Enrollment Coordinators with their Managers (APOs and/or RDOs).
- Focus on Great Places To Work satisfaction
- Work with Payroll to ensure pay is competitive and commensurate with experience
- Serve as the Data Owner for all Enrollment-Related Work. This includes:
- Owning and running IDEA's 5 year Enrollment Projections based upon moment-in-time data (attrition, new campuses, etc.)
- Chiefs Reporting (weekly, quarterly cadences)
- STREAM project management and implementation of dashboard accuracy, push notifications, and other data requests.
- Ad hoc data requests for Sr. VP of Marketing, Comms, and Enrollment
- Lead IDEA Public Schools' RDOs, APOs, Enrollment Coordinators, and Enrollment Team t o Achieve 100% Enrollment At 100% of Schools on the First Day of School
- Ensure that each IDEA's 122 schools (2020-21) ( 156 (2021-22 )) open fully enrolled by grade to projected enrollment values.
- Use data insights (daily, weekly, and comparative data) to drive direct-response plans and intervention, when necessary .
- Host weekly tactical meetings with business partners to drive action and intervention.
- Host bi-monthly strategy meetings to drive pivots
- Partner with APOs and RDOs around data and actions associated
- Spend time in the field to manage to results
- Codify best practices and share within and outside of regions
- Develop resources that relates to the challenges emerging via campus clusters or regionally.
- 100% o f transactional Enrollment Milestones executed on-time reaching network minimum average by the first deadline
- Lottery functionality ready to operate per IDEA's charter with TEA before deadline
- All related lottery milestone materials prepared for distribution
- 2:1 ratio of applications to open seats for each open grade level (~40,000+ unique applicants for ~20,000 open seats across the network)
- Post-Lottery management materials completed by deadline for distribution
- 100% Re-Registration during three-week re-registration window
- Re-Registration portal functionality ready to operate one week before the opening window
- Re-Registration milestone materials prepared for distribution
- 100% R egistration between April 1 and the Beginning of Year Deadline
- Registration portal functionality ready to operate one week before the opening window
- Registration milestone materials prepared for distribution
- Partner with Student Information Systems (SIS) team and Academic Services Team (AST) to ensure all requirements are collected during the Registration process.
- First Day of School Enrollment:
- 100% Enrollment on the First Day of School by School by Grade
- Enrollment Management Training and Materials are delivered in advance of Beginning of Year
- Districtwide Enrollment Calls and Tracking Infrastructure Managed to 100% Data Accuracy
- Develop national support infrastructure to lay as the foundation for network-wide recruitment efforts. This includes, but is not limited to: partnering with the Director of Marketing and VP of Communications on their respective campaigns.
- Partnering with RDOs, APOs, and Recruiters on their field recruitment plans. This includes:
- Reviewing recruitment plans
- Hosting intervention calls
- Traveling 1-2 times per week for field observations
- Increase family engagement and quality of on boarding so that Lottery Acceptances to FWOS retention increases 10% points and FWOS New Student No Show rate decreases by 50%
- Provide guidance and support to the post-applicant process by overseeing the program delivered during in-person school tours, partnering with the Director of Marketing on an applicant information e-marketing campaign (segmented by region and grade level audience) that educates applicants on IDEA's program model.
- Work with the Family Engagement team to host Welcome to IDEA/IDEA's Orientation
- Average enrollment-related training rating of 4.25/5 (85%) or greater
- Manage your Enrollment Manager to c reat e an Annual Scope and Sequence of trainings that includes both technical and best-practice-based trainings for the following audiences:
- Regional Directors of Operations
- Assistant Principals of Operations
- Enrollment Coordinators
- Student Information Systems Coordinators
- 85% Retention of direct line of supervision
- Hire, Onboard, and Develop the HQ-based team of three and the Enrollment Coordinator team
- Host weekly operating mechanisms to strengthen communications (check-ins, tacticals, huddles)
- Host quarterly stepbacks to align on priorities
- Strong analytical skills, a bility to analyze large amounts of data and identify patterns, problems, opportunities ; uses data to t ake action that drives results; builds this competency in others
- Successful professional experience in recruitment or sales, in order to coach and manage regional teams
- Managing adults to strong outcomes, often through influence rather than named managerial responsibility
- Strong communication - ability to clearly explain and invest others in recruitment plans and goals
- Record of Results in accomplishing goals
- Recruitment Strategy - messaging, boots on the ground and marketing
- Believes in IDEA's mission
- Bachelor's degree required; Masters preferred
- 8+ years of professional experience; 2+ years of full-time, full-year adult management experience
- Experience with analysis and process management
- Demonstrated ability to continuously improve and make modifications as necessary to ensure goals are reached
- Understanding and/or personal experience in the K-12 landscape, especially with charters preferred
- Views constructive feedback with a growth mindset
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.