Position at IDEA Public Schools IDEA Public Schools
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all of our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 58% of our students graduate from college in 6 years - that's 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA's co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve nearly 45,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. By 2022, IDEA will serve 100,000 students. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you-with continued growth in our current regions and new launches in Tarrant County (Fort Worth/Arlington), New Orleans, Houston (2020), Permian Basin (2021), and Tampa Bay (2021)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video
. About San Antonio:
San Antonio is the nation's 7th largest city and boasts the highest rate of population growth across the U.S. As the San Antonio region continues to grow rapidly, IDEA is committed to increasing our community presence to provide the best experience for all families and children.
In May 2019, we are excited to welcome our first graduating seniors out of the 11,800 students we serve across 22 schools in the San Antonio region. We believe through the hard work of our passionate IDEA Team & Family, college acceptance and matriculation can be realized. Currently, 1 in 6 San Antonio students graduate college-ready. Changing this statistic for the better is part of the promise IDEA makes to current and incoming students. Join our IDEA San Antonio family as we are poised to serve 29,000 students at 37 local schools by 2022 Role Mission:
Tutors will work with students during school, and will focus on specific objectives as well as provide additional practice, guidance, and one on one attention in the Road to and Through College classrooms. Responsibilities:
We look for Team and Family who embody the followingvaluesand characteristics:
- Effective facilitation and personal use of technology as a communication and educational tool to improve student achievement and manage work related tasks.
- Implement a clear and consistent behavior management system that aligns to campus- wide initiatives while developing students' character and sense of community in the classroom
- Help shape and develop a school wide culture that fosters a productive and enthusiastic learning environment for each student
- Establish and maintain a cooperative working relationship with students and families based on trust, understanding and respect for the communities in which they identify.
- Determine from student notes and discussions, the concepts that need to be taught or retaught.
- Become familiar with the materials in the RTTC (Road to and through College) Libraries.
- Become familiar with the textbooks and materials used by our students.
- Conduct tutorial sessions in all areas of math and science or language arts and humanities.
- Conduct mini-lessons in the process of writing in all subject areas, study skills, and other aspects of college preparation.
- Work with students in any phase of the writing process, such as brainstorming, clustering, revision, and editing.
- Communicate frequently and honestly with the College counseling team/ teacher regarding student progress and areas of concern.
- Host necessary tutoring sessions to meet all students' needs
- Minimum of 10-20 hours spent at school per week
- Believes and is committed to our missionand being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effectiveoutcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationshipsin order toachieve outcomes
- We believe in education asa professionand hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Education: minimum of 60 hours of college credit with a minimum 2.5 GPA
Compensation: San Antonio Region
- Ability to instruct students and manage student behavior
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adjust and adapt to a multitude of situations in the school environment
- Knowledge of subject assigned
- Creative problem solving and team skills
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.