KIPP Austin Public Schools Austin, TX Type:
Leadership & Support Staff Full Time/Part Time:
Full-Time Start Date:
Immediate Subject: Grade: Organization:
KIPP Austin Public SchoolsPreferred Locations: Contact: Email: Job Title: SCHOOL REGISTRAR
The registrar determines student eligibility and collects and enters all campus student information into the district student information database. As a member of the School Operations team, the registrar assists front office staff, maintains accurate student records by identifying data errors, and develops systems to ensure 100% accountability of all Public Education Information management System (PEIMS) required data and student records. Reports to:
Assistant School Leader of Operations Responsibilities:
Working Conditions Mental Demands:
- Assists with the registration, enrollment, withdrawal, and transfer of students and process applicable records.
- Participates in student recruitment activities including calling parents of potential new students for registration in the spring and to fill seats throughout the school year.
- Verifies the accuracy and thorough completion of all student registration packets and determines eligibility for enrollment.
- Enters all campus student information into the district student information system.
- Communicates daily with campus administrators and special program coordinators to identify and correct missing or incorrect information in physical and electronic student data files.
- Stays current with changes in Texas Education Agency governing documents pertaining to the Public Education Information Management System (PEIMS).
- Coordinates campus-wide attendance process and works to maintain campus-wide compliance, accuracy and timeliness.
- Processes student attendance notes.
- Identifies data anomalies that may identify data errors or incorrect coding.
- Coordinates grading processes, verification and correction of grades, printing and distribution of report cards, and on-time delivery of grades.
- Assists principal and counselors with campus and student scheduling.
- Maintains all digital course records and teacher/administrative access to online gradebook.
- Process and transmit requests for student information, including verification of enrollment and transcripts for colleges and universities.
- Maintains student transcripts.
- Ensures that transfer grades and GPAs are calculated correctly and reflected appropriately in the student information system.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written in English), interpret policy and procedures, maintain emotional control under stress.
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pushing and pulling, regular heavy lifting.
- Biological exposure to bacteria and communicable disease.
Statement of Non-DiscriminationKIPP Texas San Antonio is committed to a policy of equal treatment for all individuals applying for employment. KIPP San Antonio does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.
- Strong sense of urgency and accuracy in carrying-out job responsibilities.
- Ability to identify implied tasks when assisting in daily campus operations.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and organize for results.
- Ability to identify and correct data anomalies that may identify data errors or incorrect coding.
- Must be able to work in an open area office environment.
- Fluency with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel is required. Ability to use intermediate functions is preferred.
- Three years of experience as a middle or high school registrar or district position associated with the collection and data entry into a student information system are preferred.
- Three years of experience with the Public Education Information Management System (PEIMS) and TxEIS software system are preferred.
- Completion of 12th grade or equivalent. Four-year college degree is preferred.
- Spanish language competency strongly preferred.