KIPP Houston Public Schools Houston, TX Type:
Leadership & Support Staff Full Time/Part Time:
Full-Time Start Date:
2020-21 School Year Subject: Grade: Organization:
KIPP Houston Public SchoolsPreferred Locations: Contact: Email: JOB TITLE: School Operations AssociateABOUT KIPP TEXAS PUBLIC SCHOOLSBackground
Founded in Houston in 1994, KIPP has become a national leader in the movement to provide all children with access to an exemplary education and the academic and character skills necessary to thrive in and graduate from college, positively impact their communities, and lead choice-filled lives.
In 2018, KIPP schools in Austin, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, and San Antonio joined forces to become KIPP Texas Public Schools, a nonprofit public charter school network, accelerating student academic outcomes and impact more students across Texas. As a unified, statewide organization, KIPP Texas can more effectively leverage the talent, resources, instructional expertise, financial strength, and advocacy in the public charter school movement, in order to have an even larger impact with educationally underserved communities across the state.
In the 2019-2020 school year, KIPP Texas Public Schools will educate more than 29,000 students in 55 schools, placing the district among the top 50 largest in the state. KIPP Texas will continue to prove what is possible for its students, communities, and state, with a goal of growing to educate 100,000 students and achieving a 75% college graduation rate for alumni.
KIPP Texas is grounded in five Core Values as its cultural "North Star":
As a Team & Family, we:
Persist with Purpose
KIPP Texas is part of the national KIPP network of 224 college-preparatory public charter schools educating early childhood, elementary, middle, and high school students. KIPP schools are part of the free public school system and enrollment is open to all students. Nationwide, KIPP students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent, comparable to the national average for all students and approximately three times higher than the average of students from low-income families.
You can see all our job opportunities at https://kipptexas.org/join-our-team/ .The Opportunity
The School Operations Associate is a school based position that assists with all front office and operations functions necessary to run a high-performing school. Supporting the Assistant Principal of Operations' vision, the School Operations Assistant will assist with implementation and maintenance of clear operational systems and a supportive school environment that allows the school leadership team to focus on instruction and teachers to focus on scholars and families This includes all family communication, answering phone calls, mail, transportation changes, and support with attendance, recruitment, and enrollment. The School Operations Associate serves as a key member of the school's Front Office Team, ensures that the school's operations meet high standards of operational excellence, and families are offered outstanding customer service.Key Responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications
- Responsible for all school specific family communications, except safety and crisis communication (tickets and letters home, school specific messaging Apps)
- Codes invoices, collects money (e.g. end of year trips, athletics fees), prepares deposits
- Manages all phone calls coming into the school and from the Campus Receptionists
- Manages and organizes the mail and packages for the school
- Maintains a neat and organized school front office
- Ensures all parent facing materials are readily available; copy of the handbook, code of conduct, newsletter, sign-up sheets, etc)
- Captures all transportation changes from parents, updates dismissal report, and distributes changes to classroom teachers one hour before dismissal
- Supports attendance calls as needed
- Supports application verification calls and update application system as needed
- Schedule parent meetings with appropriate team members
- Performs other duties as assigned by the School Ops Manager
Compensation and Benefits
- Bilingual; English & Spanish required
- Work experience, preferably in education and/or customer service
- Strong communication and time management skills; ability to effectively backwards plan, juggle multiple priorities with great attention to detail, and deliver consistent and timely results
- Sense of humility, customer service mindset, and shows urgency and the ability to proactively solve problems and make decisions quickly
- Team player with strong interpersonal and stakeholder management and relationship building skills
- Ability to be calm under pressure, especially in difficult conversations with parents and staff
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel; Google Drive, Google Docs, and Google Sheets
- Desire to continuously learn and increase effectiveness as a professional
- Unwavering commitment to the KIPP Texas mission, core values and willingness to go above and beyond to meet the needs of KIPP Texas students, families, and staff
Salary is based on years of experience, degree of education, and level of expertise. A competitive benefits package is also offered.KIPP provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.