Award-winning charter operator is looking for a passionate, committed, and results-driven instructional leader to set vision and direction for their proof-point high school. Through a rigorous college prep academic model, dual credit programs, and industry certification pathways in the health sciences, STEM Prep has changed opportunity for thousands of students. We seek a leader who will build upon this foundation and chart the next course for our community.
Who are you?
What do you believe?
What will you do?
Blaze the trail for unparalleled academic achievement.
○ Manage and develop the SPH leadership team, including Academic Deans, Dean of Students, and Dean of Academic Operations in successfully fulfilling our school goals.
○ Demonstrate and execute on thorough knowledge of effective curriculum, assessment, and instructional practices to close the achievement gap.
○ Meet or exceed agreed upon goals set for increasing student performance in formative assessments (MAP, benchmark testing, etc.) as well as achievement data (TNReady, ACT, ACCESS testing).
○ Ensure the school’s diverse student populations are making progress equal to those students in its regular education program.
○ Ensure the school meets and is in compliance with all federal, state, and local rules and regulations.
Create lasting, positive student relationships that yield academic results.
Oversee the school-wide positive behavioral support program and practices to cultivate a student culture of excellence undergirded by the organization’s mission and core values.
○ Approach all student concerns through the lens of Love and Logic.
○ Demonstrate thorough knowledge of effective PBS systems and practices that support a culture of excellence, growth, and care.
Invest in, commit to, develop, and lead our people.
Cultivate a culture of excellence and care for our entire community.
○ Provide indication of a high level of parent satisfaction with the organization as evidenced by feedback and low student attrition rates.
○ Listen and respond respectfully to the range of concerns expressed by various constituents.
The success of our work depends on our collaboration across the entire network.
○ Ensure an effective flow of critical information between and among leaders, staff, teachers and students.
○ Work closely with leaders to keep all parties fully informed on all important aspects of the status and development of the academic program to ensure transparent and effective oversight of the organization as a whole.
○ Collaborate with members of senior staff to bolster quality of programming and ensure continuous improvement of the academic program and organization as a whole.
Who We Are Founded in 2010, STEM Preparatory Academy remains dedicated to delivering a rigorous, college preparatory education with a specialized focus on science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. We aim to increase the number of underrepresented students who (1) successfully graduate from college, and (2) become the leaders and innovators of the 21st Century. Since we opened our doors, STEM Prep has committed to serving the diverse student population in South Nashville with a particular focus on English Learners, many of whom are the city’s newest arrival immigrant and refugee students.
The 2011 inaugural cohort graduated from STEM Prep High School in May 2019, garnering almost $3 million in scholarships, with full four-year college funding for our DACA students, and achieving 100 percent college admission. STEM Prep is the recipient of the Nashville Public Education Foundation’s Inspiring Innovation Award and has been named Reward School by the Tennessee Department of Education and designated Excelling School by Metro Nashville Public Schools. STEM Prep has also been awarded Innovative School of the Year, Middle School Teacher of the Year, Technology Educator of the Year, and Community Advocate of the Year. Stanford University’s Center on Research in Education Outcomes (CREDO) has ranked STEM Prep as one of the state’s highest performing in both reading and math.
STEM Prep currently operates STEM Prep Middle School (5-8), STEM Prep High (9-12), and the Nashville Newcomer Academy, which is a novel partnership with Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools and the City of Nashville.
Want to learn more about us and our communities? Check out our YouTube channel here.
Application: apply using the link here, and please submit a cover letter and student achievement results.
Compensation: Compensation and benefits packages are highly competitive and exceed limits of local public school districts.
STEM Preparatory Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, color, age, and/or disability in admission to, access to, or operation of its programs, services, or activities. STEM Prep does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices.