Join National Heritage Academies (NHA) as a grants advisor. This position will report to the intervention services team lead and will be working collaboratively with multiple departments at the Service Center to apply for, expend, and maintain federal and state grants on behalf of our schools. To be successful in this position, you will need to be a creative and knowledgeable problem solver, have top-notch organizational and time-management skills, be driven to actively seek out information, have a true passion for customer service, and live out our department values. You will be an active part of a high-functioning, fast-moving team and play a critical role in supporting school and student needs.About Us
NHA, founded in 1995 and based in Grand Rapids, Michigan, is one of the nation's leading for-profit charter school management organizations.
NHA's system of schools is designed to eliminate the achievement gap and provide a public school choice to families so their children are prepared for success in high school, college, and beyond. With a commitment to hard work, good citizenship, and personal responsibility, students experience a safe and secure learning environment where achievement thrives. A passion and dedication to the mission of serving children and partnering with communities to provide an excellent education experience permeates the culture of our organization.
In this role, you will work out of our corporate headquarters (Service Center) located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The NHA Service Center has over 400 team members in departments like admissions, talent acquisition, facilities, legal services, and many more working together to provide top level back office support. Your Role
- Create grant applications and amendments based on unique school and student needs
- Evaluate and monitor grant budgets to ensure sustainability and program alignment
- Oversee coordination and monitoring of schools' intervention staff
- Collaborate on investment recommendations based on data analysis and program effectiveness to ensure schools' needs are met
- Acquire and maintain expertise regarding applicable federal, state, local laws, rules, and regulations
- Advocate for schools' needs with departments of education, school boards and charter authorizer's
- Communicate clearly and concisely to teammates, schools, vendors, Service Center departments, and state departments of education while providing excellent customer service
- Adhere to strict confidentiality regarding sensitive information
- Assess complex situations and provide solutions both independently and through a comprehensive team approach
- 1-3 Years of experience in a business environment
- A minimum of Bachelor's degree is required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in interdependent teams
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office
To learn more about our core values, please click here
National Heritage Academies is an equal opportunity employer.