Para Los Ninos is on the hunt for an experienced Grant Writer with management experience and exemplary leadership skills. The person in this role will be familiar with non profits, the education sector, establishing and maintaining relationships, creating and tracking data reports, as well as:
- Strategizing, conceptualizing, writing and submitting grant LOIs and proposals as directed.
- Supporting the Director of Corporate & Foundation Partnerships with clerical tasks such as filing, copying, drafting letters, mailings, updating organizations Guidestar profile, and organizing internal systems.
- Proactively identifying new and high-level corporate and foundation prospects through electronic alerts, analysis, screening information, data mining techniques, push technology, demographic searches, etc.
- Collaborating with department about event needs, including the annual benefit dinner, the Reading is Leading program, PLNs fall and winter holiday celebrations for families, and various donor engagements throughout the year.
- Supporting the Director of Corporate & Foundation Partnerships and Director of Donor Relations with special projects and other duties as assigned.
- (head over to our website to view full job description)
What PLN has to Offer
Total Rewards Package includes the following:
- Newly revised competitive salary structure
- 12 Paid Holidays
- 1 paid week in July, 1 paid week in December
- Affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision packages extended to your family as well
- FSA - Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Pet Discount Program
- Opportunity to promote within, just to name a few
- Bachelor's degree.
- 3+ years of substantial work experience in a grant writing or writing-related field.
- Exceptional written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- A passion for the organization's mission and priority program areas (Para Los Ninos, research it!)
- Experience working in and a sound understanding of a broad range of disciplines
- Experience with Raisers Edge NXT, iWave, and Guidestar.
- Fluent bilingual (English & Spanish).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience within the philanthropic/nonprofit sector, particularly with the Los Angeles nonprofit landscape and other organizations supporting education and social services.