Provide professional development and technical assistance for the United States Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) Federal School Nutrition Programs implemented at public districts and charter schools, private schools, and residential child care institutions. Participate in special project activities in the area of Child Nutrition that support the ESC’s core purpose and strategic goals.
Education Bachelor’s degree with preferred areas of study in: Institutional Management, Nutrition, Dietetics, Family and Consumer Science, Public Health, or related field
1. Three years of experience training adults
2. Experience in developing, presenting, and coordinating professional development sessions
Special Knowledge and Skills
1. Expertise related to USDA’s federal school nutrition programs
2. Broad-based knowledge in all phases of program operations for School Nutrition
3. Excellent verbal and written communication
4. USDA Food Based Menu Planning and nutritional analysis for NSLP and SBP
1. Five years of experience in operations and management of School Nutrition Programs, specifically the National School Lunch Program (NSLP), School Breakfast Program (SBP), and Afterschool Care Program (ASCP)
2. Registered Dietitian
1. Develop, present, and facilitate effective professional development for School Nutrition Programs.
2. Provide technical assistance and customized services.
3. Engage in professional development to maintain knowledge and skills in the area of School Nutrition Programs.
4. Keep current in state and federal rules, regulations, and policies related to Child Nutrition.
5. Provide leadership in planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating professional development, and services in the area of Child Nutrition.
6. Help plan and implement ongoing needs assessments and services for Region 4 customers.
7. Participate in developing communication networks between Region 4 and customer personnel. 8. Assist in planning and developing special project activities and conference events.
9. Fulfill the requirements of the Texas Department of Agriculture (TDA) contract.
10. Provide technical assistance and services as specified by any applicable federal grant that funds this position.