Provide professional development, technical assistance and support services, and participate in special project activities in the areas of school health and safety that support the ESC’s core purpose and strategic goals.
1. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in safety/emergency management, risk management or related field preferred.
1. Minimum of three years’ experience in the fields of safety and emergency management teams/programs, security and communication systems.
2. Experience in developing and presenting professional development sessions.
1. K-12 campus-based safety and emergency management experience.
Special Knowledge and Skills
1. Knowledge of Incident Command and Unified Command procedures.
2. Knowledge of safety codes, policies and guidelines.
3. Skill in interpreting law, policy, and procedures in the area of school safety.
4. Skill in performing school safety audits.
5. Knowledge of security and fire systems and their applications.
6. Knowledge of two-way communication and communication devices.
7. Skill in using computers, software applications, databases and automated systems to accomplish work.
8. Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
9. Skill in working in collaborative team-based environments.
10. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
1. Develop, present, and facilitate effective professional development sessions.
2. Provide technical assistance and customized services to Region 4 customers.
3. Develop product solutions to support school health and safety.
4. Maintain knowledge and skills in the area of school safety by engaging in ongoing professional development.
5. Remain informed of any changes in state and federal rules, regulations and policies related to school safety and health.
6. Provide leadership in planning, developing, implementing and evaluating professional development and services in the area of school safety and health.
7. Conduct ongoing needs assessments and services for Region 4 customers.
8. Develop communication networks between Region 4 and customer personnel.
9. Serve as liaison between the Texas School Safety Center, Texas Education Agency and other national/federal/state/local agencies to build and enhance community partners in support of school safety and health.
10. Collaborate with the Region 4 Safe and Healthy Schools Committee to ensure coordination and alignment of services in support of the vision that every child is safe, healthy, and connected.
11. Assist in planning and developing special project activities.
12. Provide technical assistance and services as specified by any applicable federal or state grants that fund this position.