This is a fully funded grant position for services in the 2018-2019 year. Funding for future years is contingent on additional grant funding.
Empower teachers to self-direct their professional growth by engaging in the Texas Lesson Study (TXLS) process, perform advanced consultative services and technical assistance work for campuses participating in the TXLS program, coordinate and implement the TXLS program with fidelity, review TXLS proposals and videos, and report progress and outcomes to the Texas Education Agency.
1. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university Certification/Licensure
2. Current Texas teaching certificate
1. Three years teaching experience with a proven track record of measurable student achievement
Special Knowledge and Skills
1. Broad-based knowledge of lesson study as professional development
2. Broad-based knowledge of lesson design and assessment for learning
3. Broad-based knowledge of curriculum planning and assessment
4. Broad-based knowledge of data-driven instructional practices
5. Knowledge of responsibilities and challenges facing teachers in today’s classrooms
6. Proficiency with use of Google Apps and Microsoft Office Suite
7. Exemplary written and oral communication skills
1. Master’s degree in education
2. Recent classroom or campus experience
3. Experience in leading teacher teams
4. Experience in leading professional development
5. Experience implementing new initiatives or systems
1. Implement the Texas Lesson Study (TXLS) program with fidelity.
2. Facilitate the design and copyediting of rigorous, standards-based lessons and the measure of student understanding and progress.
3. Prioritize work related to the TXLS program, including developing action plans, coordinating meetings and collaborating with diverse individuals and groups.
4. Foster effective working relationships with a variety of individuals and groups.
5. Identify problems, evaluate alternatives, and implement effective solutions related to the TXLS program with minimal supervision.
6. Maintain and retrieve critical, relevant information so that it is readily available when needed.
7. Support the TXLS program through basic video recording and editing of video.