Related positions are contingent on board approval.
The Coordinator of High School Strategy and Time leads development and implementation of key high school initiatives under the direction of the Director-College Readiness in partnership with HS ILED's and Director-Academic Strategy. The selected candidate will have an innate understanding of how high schools' functions in order to integrate these initiatives with the daily functioning of a Baltimore City High School. Potential key initiatives include: Student Planning, 9 th grade initiative and the creation of a district scheduling process that meets the needs of our students.
- Responsible for activities related to technical and strategic guidance for planning, directing, and monitoring grading and school scheduling.
- Supervises a team of scheduling analysts.
- Conducts on-going data analysis of the 9 th grade student data trends focused on attendance, behavior, grades, and promotion to inform practice and embed school supports.
- Responsible for leading and implementing the student plan work for students in grades 6-12 to ensure that students plan early for their college and career journey.
- Provides technical support and training for school staff on the implementation of student plans using each schools plan delivery model.
- Manages monthly reporting on student plan implementation across all schools and grade bands.
- Works collaboratively across the academics and schools? offices to identify key scheduling expectations to provide a robust high school experience for all students.
- Develops a scheduling process for all schools that helps to align budgeting, with staffing, school vision and performance measures to develop a holistic scheduling model built on equity and access.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies; follow federal laws, state laws, school board policies and the professional standards.
Maximum Salary 106548.00
Minimum Salary 82607.00
- Master?s degree or in education or related field. Degree must be from an accredited college or institution.
- Three or more years of related technical experience.
- Maryland State Department of Education Advanced Professional Certificate. Administrator I endorsement preferred.
- Minimum of five years of experience working in a high school or district office, with two years serving as master scheduler, administrator, or initiative lead preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience and understanding of strategic resourcing strongly preferred.
- Experience as a grade reporter or master scheduler preferred. Must demonstrate knowledge of the connection between scheduling and strategic resourcing.
- Detailed knowledge of high school graduation requirements, student promotion policies, school data policies and procedures related to attendance, grade reporting, scheduling.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, with technical and non-technical audiences, in conducting formal presentations and preparing reports.
- Demonstrated leadership potential.
- Operational knowledge and experience with student information systems such as Infinite Campus and creation of school master schedule, scheduling of student classes (K-12).
- Customer Focus ? Commits to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external stakeholders; acts with stakeholders in mind; values importance of providing high-quality customer service.
- Interpersonal Skills ? Builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact to diffuse tense situations; can put others at ease and disarm hostility.
- Managing Relationships ? Responds and relates well to people in all positions; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; looks for common ground and solves problems for the good of all.
- Functional/Technical Skills ? Possesses required functional and technical knowledge and skill to accomplish job tasks at a high level; demonstrates active interest and ability to enhance and apply new functional skills.
Full time or Part time Full time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts -undergraduate, graduate and all MSDE Certifications
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded into application
- All documentation must be scanned and uploaded to application
- Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org
How to Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, click the Register and Apply Now Button below.
Baltimore City Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and encourages resumes from bi-lingual or multi-lingual candidates.
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact the Equal Employment Opportunity Manager, 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208, Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax). This position is affiliated with the Public School Administrators and Supervisors (PSASA) bargaining union.