Related positions are contingent on board approval.
Coordinates early literacy efforts within Baltimore City Public Schools (City Schools), including but not limited to assessments, curriculum, and professional development. The early literacy coordinator will assist with the development and implementation of district strategy around early literacy, and coordinate cross departmental efforts to ensure effective implementation of district strategy.
- Coordinates the implementation of district early literacy strategy, including effective implementation of district curriculum and interventions.
- Develops and delivers ongoing professional development around best practices in early literacy.
- Uses data collected to strategically support the needs of teachers and schools.
- Develops and provides appropriate guidance for schools and school leaders on best practices in literacy.
- Coordinates district assessment strategy for early literacy.
- Collaborates with the office of Early Learning and the Literacy Coordinator to ensure alignment of literacy work across grades.
- Works in partnership with a highly motivated team from multiple offices to advance teaching and learning in the district.
- Keeps the Executive Director of Teaching and Learning abreast of all matters related to early literacy.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school board policies and the professional standards.
Maximum Salary 106548.00
Minimum Salary 82607.00
- Master?s degree or in education or related field. Degree must be from an accredited college or institution.
- Maryland State Department of Education Advanced Professional Certificate with Administrator I endorsement in an appropriate subject area, preferred.
- Three years teaching experience in an early elementary setting.
- Three years experience developing and delivering professional development and/or coaching to teachers; district level experience preferred.
- Experience managing large scale projects.
- Knowledge of current research in early literacy best practices.
- Knowledge of the Maryland College and Career-Ready Standards for English Language Arts.
- Ability to lead and motivate a productive team of individuals; supervisory experience preferred.
- A commitment to educational equity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of multiple computer applications including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office, PD Tracking and reporting software, databases, and Online Professional Learning software.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, rules and policies affecting City Schools? educators.
- Customer Focus ? Commits to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external stakeholders; acts with stakeholders in mind; values importance of providing high-quality customer service.
- Interpersonal Skills ? Builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact to diffuse tense situations; can put others at ease and disarm hostility.
- Managing Relationships ? Responds and relates well to people in all positions; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; looks for common ground and solves problems for the good of all.
- Functional/Technical Skills ? Possesses required functional and technical knowledge and skill to accomplish job tasks at a high level; demonstrates active interest and ability to enhance and apply new functional skills.
Full time or Part time Full time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts -undergraduate, graduate and all MSDE Certifications
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded into application
- All documentation must be scanned and uploaded to application
- Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org
How to Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, click the Register and Apply Now Button below.
Baltimore City Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and encourages resumes from bi-lingual or multi-lingual candidates.
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact the Equal Employment Opportunity Manager, 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208, Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax). This position is affiliated with the Public School Administrators and Supervisors (PSASA) bargaining union.