The Manager - Enrollment, Choice, & Transfers (ECT) manages the day-to-day operations of the office. Central to the duties of this office, is building and maintaining strong partnerships with students, staff, and families; evaluating, planning, and implementing improvements in business processes and practices; and working to identify, disrupt, and dismantle systems, structures, and practices that have intentionally created and continued to afford advantages to some groups while perpetuating inequities for others.
The Manager represents the ECT Director and/or Chief Communications, Engagement, & Enrollment Officer in various settings and provides leadership and direction for special projects that have operational and organizational impact. The Manager provides direction and leadership within the district office, providing support to staff within the ECT Office and serving as a liaison with other district departments to ensure equitable access to high quality teaching and learning that aligns to the City Schools Strategic Priorities. The Manager ensures that systems and processes are in place to support efficient and effective functioning of the office, including, but not limited to intra- and inter-office communications, managing and supporting the execution of key projects and tasks, budget development and management, compiling and analyzing data, team building, and facilitating professional learning.
- Assists the Director with the development, dissemination, implementation, and evaluation of ECT and related initiatives, as well as supporting the identification of high-leverage problems and solutions that would significantly enhance team performance, deliver results, drive equitable outcomes, achieve publicly-stated district priorities, and contribute to continuous improvement throughout all related processes.
- Builds positive working relationships with other district offices, school-based staff, partner organizations, students, staff, and families, as needed, to support, coordinate, and communicate work related to ECT initiatives.
- Provides leadership in strategic budgeting and fiscal management to ensure effective planning, compliance with fiscal requirements, tracking of expenditures, on-time spending of funds, and regular review and reporting of the ECT office?s financial data. Prepares and maintains complex financial records using Excel or comparable software.
- Collaborates with the Director to plan regular leadership team meetings, retreats, learning sessions, and social gatherings for the ECT team.
- Develops a strong knowledge of district policies, particularly those related to ECT, as well as relevant state and federal law. Advises on the interpretation and application of relevant laws and policies. Recommends and supports the revision or drafting of proposed district policies, as needed.
- Leads or reviews and finalizes all presentations, memorandums, and other requests of the Board of School Commissioners.
- Coordinates procurement for ECT, including supplemental materials strategy and review, contract recommendations, and written requests of the Board.
- Supports Director and Staff Associates with effective project management, and manages strategic hiring processes
- Represents City Schools at various internal and external meetings and conferences, as requested by the Director.
- Coordinates special programs and initiatives related to the district?s strategic priorities.
- Provides support in the identification, adaptation, and application of appropriate tools from the improvement sciences, including, but not limited to 90-day inquiry cycles, root cause analyses, drive diagrams, plan-do-study-act cycles for rapid prototyping and testing of change ideas, systems and data analyses, as well as knowledge management tools to inform improvement efforts.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school board policies and the professional standards.
- Customer Focus ? Commits to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external stakeholders; acts with stakeholders in mind; values importance of providing high-quality customer service.
- Interpersonal Skills ? Builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact to diffuse tense situations; can put others at ease and disarm hostility.
- Managing Relationships ? Responds and relates well to people in all positions; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; looks for common ground and solves problems for the good of all.
- Functional/Technical Skills ? Possesses required functional and technical knowledge and skill to accomplish job tasks at a high level; demonstrates active interest and ability to enhance and apply new functional skills.
Maximum Salary 97335.00
Minimum Salary 86520.00
- Bachelor's degree in education or related field from an accredited college or university. Master?s degree preferred.
- Three years of experience in educational settings (preferably urban) or the equivalent of training and experience working effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced organization.
- Knowledge of current research, trends, and best practices in K-12 education, improvement sciences, performance assessment, systems thinking, and/or data analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact effectively with a variety of educational practitioners (e.g., teachers, principals, families, and other stakeholders).
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytic skills.
- Excellent budgeting and fiscal management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Superb presentation and communication skills in a variety of settings and with a variety of audiences: one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers and leadership.
- Strong process management skills: ability to create effective processes to accomplish work, organize people and activities, manage multiple workflows, track and evaluate performance.
- Comfort with and ability to work effectively in an environment where change and ambiguity are persistent challenges, coupled with multiple short- and long-term tasks.
- Proficient in the use of technical computer applications including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and make programmatic recommendations and/or decisions aligned to best practices and district priorities.
- Ability to provide specific feedback on work products of various content and purpose.
- Ability to think strategically and manage programs and partnerships.
- Ability to problem solve, make independent decisions, formulate reports, perform statistical analysis and interpret data.
Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
Full time or Part time Full time
- Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts -undergraduate, graduate and all MSDE Certifications
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded into application
- All documentation must be scanned and uploaded to application
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age in its employment, programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts of America and other designated youth groups. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact Equal Opportunity Manager, Title IX Coordinator Equal Employment Opportunity and Title IX Compliance Office 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208 Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax).
This position is not affiliated with any bargaining unit.