Related positions are contingent on board approval.
Coordinates the creation and revision of social studies curriculum and professional development for City Schools. Assists with coordinating systemic activities and initiatives related to social studies. Plans and assists in the implementation of instructional strategies to support a successful social studies program. Assists with coordinating grant and partnership activities related to social studies.
- Develops and delivers ongoing professional development around best practices in social studies.
- Supports and assists with the coordination and implementation of Baltimore City History Day.
- Supports and assists with expansion of current social studies initiatives, including partnerships with local cultural institutions; develop new initiatives and partnerships aligned to district goals and strategies.
- Participates in the evaluation and selection of instructional materials.
- Supports teachers and school teams as needed with the implementation of social studies curriculum and best practices.
- Coordinates and develops curriculum and assessments for social studies.
- Uses data collected to strategically support the needs of teachers and schools.
- Supports the Government Bridge Plan for Academic Validation, including keeping track of Bridge data, organizing scorers and supervising scoring sessions.
- Works collaboratively with a highly motivated team from multiple offices to advance teaching and learning in the district.
- Infuses racial and educational equity and social/emotional learning into social studies content.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school board policies and the professional standards.
- Customer Focus ? Commits to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external stakeholders; acts with stakeholders in mind; values importance of providing high-quality customer service.
- Interpersonal Skills ? Builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact to diffuse tense situations; can put others at ease and disarm hostility.
- Managing Relationships ? Responds and relates well to people in all positions; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; looks for common ground and solves problems for the good of all.
- Functional/Technical Skills ? Possesses required functional and technical knowledge and skill to accomplish job tasks at a high level; demonstrates active interest and ability to enhance and apply new functional skills.
Maximum Salary 100999.00
Minimum Salary 77059.00
- Master?s degree or in education or related field. Degree must be from an accredited college or institution.
- Maryland State Department of Education Advanced Professional Certificate (APC) in social studies.
- At least three years teaching experience in social studies ? elementary teaching experience preferred.
- Experience creating curriculum for social studies ? elementary experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of social studies best practices, content, and pedagogy.
- Demonstrated ability to design and deliver professional development in social studies.
- Knowledge of current research in social studies best practices.
- Knowledge of MSDE Social Studies Content Standards; College, Career, and Civic Life Standards; and Common Core State Standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to make persuasive presentations.
- A commitment to educational equity.
- Interpersonal skills that ensure effective teambuilding and understanding for the team process
- Skilled in interpreting, understanding, and applying data.
- Proficient in the use of multiple computer applications including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office, PD Tracking and reporting software, databases, and Online Professional Learning software.
Full time or Part time Full time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts -undergraduate, graduate and all MSDE Certifications
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded into application
- All documentation must be scanned and uploaded to application
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age in its employment, programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts of America and other designated youth groups. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact Equal Opportunity Manager, Title IX Coordinator Equal Employment Opportunity and Title IX Compliance Office 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208 Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax).This position is affiliated with the Public School Administrators and Supervisors (PSASA) bargaining union.