Works with the Director- Career Readiness to provide teacher support and development for City Schools' career readiness and Career Technology Education (CTE) programs and initiatives. The Manager will serve in a multifaceted capacity in order to provide professional and technical assistance to the district's professionals in areas related to the implementation of instructional support and student achievement. This is a grant funded position where continuation is contingent upon available funding.
- Provides specialized academic and content support services in the areas of CTE and career readiness.
- Provides assistance and support to district professionals in building content knowledge, teacher pedagogy, and effective classroom management skills.
- Supports CTE teachers in the use of diagnostic, formative, and daily assessment tools and using data to inform instructional needs.
- Monitors implementation of student certification. Uses student performance and achievement data as tools to identify barriers to success and assists with the designing of strategies for improvement.
- Supports teachers with professional learning opportunities and direct classroom supports regarding CTE program completion and certification and workforce development.
- Supports and coordinates with schools and partners to provide extended learning opportunities for students inclusive of work-based learning, clinical rounds, apprenticeships, and internships.
- Plans and delivers industry aligned professional development activities.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and non-discrimination
policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school board policies and the professional standards.
- Customer Focus ? Commits to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external stakeholders; acts with stakeholders in mind; values importance of providing high-quality customer service.
- Interpersonal Skills ? Builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact to diffuse tense situations; can put others at ease and disarm hostility.
- Managing Relationships ? Responds and relates well to people in all positions; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; looks for common ground and solves problems for the good of all.
- Functional/Technical Skills ? Possesses required functional and technical knowledge and skill to accomplish job tasks at a high level; demonstrates active interest and ability to enhance and apply new functional skills.
Maximum Salary 97335.00
Minimum Salary 86520.00
- Bachelor's degree in education or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Three years combined experience working in public education, workforce development, district office, school counseling, school administration, and Career Technology Education required. Seven years of combined experience preferred.
- Demonstrated success as a project manager or educator required.
- Knowledge and experience in curriculum development and test creation highly preferred.
- Knowledge and experience as an adult learning facilitator highly preferred.
- Knowledge of effective student, school, and district assessment tools highly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills.
Full time or Part time Full time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts -undergraduate, graduate and all MSDE Certifications
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded into application
- All documentation must be scanned and uploaded to application
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age in its employment, programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts of America and other designated youth groups. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact Equal Opportunity Manager, Title IX Coordinator Equal Employment Opportunity and Title IX Compliance Office 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208 Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax).This position is not affiliated with any bargaining unit.