Position at IDEA Public Schools
About IDEA Public Schools :
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years - that's 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA's co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve nearly 53 ,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. By 2022, IDEA will serve 100,000 students. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you-with continued growth in our current regions an d new launches in Houston (2020), Permian Basin (202 0 ), and Tampa Bay (2021)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video
About Houston IDEA Greater Houston Area
was announced in 2017 and we are preparing for a rapid expansion plan. Houston is known for being one of the most diverse cities in America, yet children of color and children living in poverty continue to lack access to the highest quality schools. We are the fourth largest city, with more than 51 independenpublic schooldistricts and the home base for two fantastic public charter school operators, Yes Prep and KIPP Texas-Houston.
Houston's reputation is based on economic opportunity and affordable living with a massive sprawl that exceeds the size of New Hampshire.Despite the presence of great public charter schools and a strong district magnetschoolssystem, the need for more great schools is ever present. IDEA Greater Houston Area will help solve the challenge to offer more children a choice-filled life through a transformational public education.
Fully cognizant of the need across the Greater Houston Area, IDEA Public Schools
will launch with a commitment to open our first four schools in 2020 and follow with an ambitious growth plan to grow to 20 schools by 2025-26 andultimately serve15,000 students once fully enrolled Role Mission:
The Health Aide is primarily responsible for providing health services to students, conducting state-mandated screenings, maintaining 100% immunization state compliance and maintaining accurate files. The School Health Aide is responsible for leading the campus clinic on his/her own, serving a campus with up to 1,600 students enrolled. The school Health Aide is also responsible for promoting health education and preventative health practices for students.
All clinic staff report directly to the campus Assistant Princip al of Operations (APO.) All medical and compliance for the district is directed to the Director of Health and Wellness.Accountabilities:Health Services
- Provide direct care utilizing professional triage skills, basic care, and established school health protocols.
- Manage campus clinic independently which can serve up to 1,500 students.
- Serve as a health advocate for students.
- Notify parents of accidents or illnesses and secure medical care for students in emergency cases.
- Coordinate management system to administer medications to students at school.
- Establish and implement effective procedures for mandatory screening programs. Make referrals as necessary.
- Serve as a health liaison between school, physicians, parents, and community.
- Assess student problems and make appropriate referrals working with students, teachers, parents, and medical and health care professionals, as needed.
- Participate in health-related school committees focused on student health and wellness.
- Collaborate with other professionals regarding implementation of health-related Individual Education Plan (IEP) items.
- Participate in assessment and reporting of suspected child abuse.
- Make home visits to help with student health problems as necessary with permission of principal.
- Communicate regularly with the Assistant Principal of Operations, regional health services manager, school counselor, teachers, parents, food services staff, and other staff regarding health services issues.
- Collect, review and enter immunization records. Ensure records are compliant within first 30 days of school and remain compliant throughout the school year.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and electronic reports, records, and other documents required, including clinic visits, student action plans, doctor's orders, etc.
- Request supplies and equipment needed to maintain clinic inventory.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state laws, Texas Department of Health rule, State Board of Education rule, and board policy in health services area.
- Report potential health and safety hazards to the campus Assistant Principal of Operations.
- Comply with all district and campus routines and regulations.
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Maintain certification as a CNA or RMA, maintain certification in CPR/First Aid as well as certification as state-approved vision, hearing, spinal, and AN health screener.
- Model behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible.
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
- High School diploma or GED (required)
- Certified as a Nursing Assistant (CNA) OR a Registered Medical Assistants (RMA) (required)
- Current certification in CPR/AED/ First Aid (required)
- Certified by the Texas Department of State Health Services to conduct vision, hearing, spinal, and AN screenings (preferred)
- Knowledge of basic first aid and cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Proficient keyboarding and electronic file maintenance skills
- Ability to use laptop and software to develop and populate databases and do word processing
- Ability to track, enter, analyze and monitor data
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written)
- Ability to manage time, prioritize tasks, and execute toward goals
- 2+ years' experience in a health-related position required.
- Experience with school-age children preferred.
- Experience maintaining electronic health records preferred.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.