Applies paint, varnish and other finishes to walls, floors, furniture, buildings and structures.
- Prepares surfaces to be painted by removal of dirt, scale, rust, old paint, grease and other materials.
- Operates safely and efficiently all types of pressure cleaning and blast cleaning equipment common to the painting trade.
- Applies paints, sealers and stains to interior and exterior of buildings, furniture and equipment
- With others, erects scaffolding or sets up ladders.
- Applies waterproofing, caulking and other compounds to buildings, walls and floors.
- Prepares materials lists, makes simple field drawings, keeps simple records, and maintains appropriate paperwork.
- Uses industry accepted tools and equipment of the painting trade such as brushes, rollers, spray equipment and other assorted hand tools.
- May cover and move furniture.
- Cleans brush and floors, using solvent or soap and water.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school boards policies and the professional standards.
Maximum Salary 18.51
Minimum Salary 16.02
- High school diploma or GED
- One year of painting experience
- Valid Maryland Drivers License
- Working knowledge of basic painting methods, practices, tools and materials
- Good knowledge of hazards and safety precautions relative to the painting trade
- Good understanding of and ability to make applications of various paints, stains and sealers
- Effective positive interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to follow simple directions, both written and verbal
- Ability to make some decisions relative to job, make materials lists and do take-offs
- Ability to wear and work in personal protective equipment
Full time or Part time Full time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts -undergraduate, graduate if applicable
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded into application
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age in its employment, programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts of America and other designated youth groups. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact Equal Opportunity Manager, Title IX Coordinator Equal Employment Opportunity and Title IX Compliance Office 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208 Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax). This position is affiliated with Local 44 (L44) bargaining union.