Inspects buildings and grounds for evidence of pests. Applies pesticides, herbicides, and rodenticides, and performs general grounds or building maintenance.
- Possesses knowledge of Maryland Department of Agriculture Integrated Pest Management regulations.
- Inspects school facilities, buildings, and grounds for evidence of pests and rodents and determines appropriate remedy.
- Inspects for rodents, bait rat burrows with poison and gases, as appropriate.
- Inspects building and grounds and make minor repairs as necessary.
- Applies pesticides with hand and power sprayers to control insects.
- Drives vehicle carrying tools and chemicals to work sites.
- Performs daily maintenance checks on vehicle.
- Maintains daily activity and productivity records.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school boards policies and the professional standards.
Maximum Salary 18.50
Minimum Salary 16.31
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Maryland Class C Noncommercial driver's license, or an equivalent out-of-state driver's license.
- Ability to read and write.
- Knowledge of integrated pest management functions.
- Ability to learn specific procedures for the safe application of pesticides and rodenticides.
- Ability to use pesticide application equipment.
Full time or Part time Full time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts -undergraduate and graduate if applicable
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation must be scanned and uploaded to application
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org
Baltimore City Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and encourages resumes from bi-lingual or multi-lingual candidates.
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact the Equal Employment Opportunity Manager, 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208, Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax). This position is affiliated with Local 44 (L44) bargaining union.