Manages the process for addressing complaints and inquiries to the CEO Ombudsman, to include intake, scheduling, monitoring and timelines. Assists with the identification and analysis of complaint patterns.
- Gathers initial information about complaints and inquiries by parents or members of the public that have not been resolved at the school or department level.
- Schedules meetings with school or department personnel and parent and community members to gather further information or seek a resolution.
- Drafts final resolution of complaints and inquiries.
- Ensures compliance with timelines in board policies concerning timely resolution of formal complaints.
- Assists with the preparation and distribution of information about the complaints and inquiry process.
- Assists Ombudsman in identifying recurring issues or patterns of complaints that would benefit from change in training or policy or regulations and makes corresponding recommendations for changes.
- Monitors follow-through on complaints or inquiries that arise in cabinet access before board meetings, including preparation of monthly report.
- Prepares reports on complaints and inquiry statistics.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school board policies and the professional standards.
Maximum Salary 65000.00
Minimum Salary 57439.00
- Bachelor?s degree or higher in education administration or a related field. Degree must be from an accredited college or university.
- Two years related professional and administrative experience.
- Experience in customer service or mediating conflict.
- Experience working directly with families and community members.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, including ability to communicate effectively with people from a diverse range of backgrounds..
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to gather and synthesize information.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Exceptional customer service personal skills.
- Excellent organization, follow through and attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze data.
- Ability to work effectively in a high-paced environment with deadlines and multiple stakeholder viewpoints.
- Ability to work with all levels of management to facilitate change, implement strategies and accomplish objectives.
Full time or Part time Full time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts -undergraduate, graduate and all MSDE Certifications
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded into application
- All documentation must be scanned and uploaded to application
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age in its employment, programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts of America and other designated youth groups. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact Equal Opportunity Manager, Title IX Coordinator Equal Employment Opportunity and Title IX Compliance Office 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208 Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax).This position is not affiliated with any bargaining unit.