Leads and provides guidance and instruction to accounting team for Food Services cost management transactions and reporting. Facilitates required reports for federal reimbursements and reporting. Performs a variety of complex technical and analytical work in the areas of accounting and budget including governmental accounting, cost accounting, project accounting, and budgetary control. Performs all the duties of a Financial Analyst.
- Leads and coordinates the work of a team of Financial Analysts or other accounting staff related to Food services activities. Provides training and instruction as needed.
- Supervises projects and project teams as assigned by the Controller.
- Develops, recommends, and interprets the application of financial and budgetary policies, regulations, and procedures.
- Coordinates and assists Baltimore City Public Schools personnel with management plans for specific budget and expenditure allocations.
- Assists with budget preparation, monitors budgeted revenue/expenditures to actual revenue/expenditures and facilitates budget amendments as required for Food Services activities.
- Audits and analyzes accounts and prepares reports on various phases of fiscal activities by compiling, computing, and comparing figures of various Food Services accounts.
- Plans and performs a variety of budget/expenditure projections and fiscal simulations, analyses and calculations. Conducts special cost studies and analyses of proposed Food Services activities
- Initiates, completes, evaluates and validates a variety of State, local and federal reports and financial statements.
- Prepares journal entries along with supporting documentation.
- Analyzes financial and budgetary statements; identifies trends and concerns with recommended solutions.
- Analyzes and evaluates existing manual and automated financial system design, computer-generated financial reports and other automated programs integrated with the primary financial system for redesign, modification, and/or modernization.
- Prepares special financial reports and statistical analyses as directed including cash flow, legality of expenditures and budget procedures.
- Develops and maintains comprehensive statistical data and prepares periodic budgetary reports and statements.
- Functions as a financial advisor relating to Food Services for Baltimore City Public Schools departments.
- Prepares and delivers detailed written and oral reports and presentations, including graphics as appropriate.
- Monitors compliance with legislation and other legal requirements throughout the budget cycle.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school board?s policies and the professional standards.
- Assists with all year-end audit processes or other audit functions as required.
- Bachelor?s degree in Accounting. Master?s degree preferred. Degree must be from an accredited college or institution.
- CPA preferred.
- Seven to ten years? experience in accounting, including Food Services accounting experience
- Specific experience using Oracle Financials, demonstrating a thorough knowledge of Oracle or other comparable ERP system General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, and Accounts Payable.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and routine auditing practices and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of current business practices, procedures, theory and analysis techniques.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting for Food Services revenues and expenditures, along with the funding and cost accounting system at Baltimore City Public Schools or comparable school system.
- Thorough knowledge of financial and budget analysis.
- Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Effective organization and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated skill in preparing clear, concise and comprehensive reports and recommendations and presenting accounting and budgeting principles and concepts to non-financial managers.
- Ability to provide guidance, training, and oversight to assigned Financial Analysts and other accounting staff.
- Ability to execute transaction analysis and reporting.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with City Schools? personnel and external agencies.
- Proficient in the use of technical computer applications, including Microsoft Office Professional Suite, particularly Excel.
- Ability to manage accounting data analyses and reporting using specialized computer applications for financial management.
- Functional/Technical Skills: Possesses required functional and technical knowledge and skills to do his or her job at a high level of accomplishment; demonstrates active interest and ability to enhance and apply new functional skills.
- Customer Focus: Commits to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external stakeholders; acts with stakeholders in mind; values importance of providing high-quality customer service.
- Building Effective Team: Builds cohesive teams of people within the organization; shares wins and success such that each team member feels valuable and appreciated; guides teams to establish and achieve goals.
- Drive for Results: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; does not give up before finishing, even in the face of resistance or setbacks; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
Full time or Part time Full time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts -undergraduate, graduate
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded into application
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org
Baltimore City Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and encourages resumes from bi-lingual or multi-lingual candidates.
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact the Equal Employment Opportunity Manager, 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208, Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax).This position is not affiliated with any bargaining unit.