Under the leadership of the Director of Data Monitoring and Compliance, the Manager - Grants is responsible for providing leadership, guidance, professional development, and technical assistance for managing grants within the Office of Achievement and Accountability, in accordance with federal regulations and guidance. The Manager is responsible for developing and implementing a system designed to support the strategic utilization of Federal, state, and private grant funding while ensuring all programmatic and statutory requirements are met.
- Establishes and administers a grants management system that:
- Supports the application and development process;
- Includes procedures to ensure compliance with state, Federal, and other regulations;
- Includes an evaluation process to ultimately confirm attainment of grant and benefit to the school district; and,
- Creates processes and milestones for monitoring progress and efficient use of funds.
- Coordinates a cross-functional team to ensure continuous improvement throughout the district by supporting creative and strategic utilization of grant funds
- Coordinates a system for vetting grant opportunities and grant applications to ensure alignment with district strategic priorities.
- Produce interim and annual reports regarding grant utilization, alignment to district priorities and compliance with programmatic and statutory requirements.
- Provides guidance, technical assistances, and capacity building professional development to district office and school based staff to ensure compliance with all Federal and state requirements for awarded grants.
- Serves as the point-of-contact for all internal and external grant monitoring activities for Title II and IV.
- Implements a system of self-monitoring procedures to ensure district is in compliant with all aspects of the MSDE annual program review.
- Customer Focus ? Commits to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external stakeholders; acts with stakeholders in mind; values importance of providing high-quality customer service.
- Interpersonal Skills ? Builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact to diffuse tense situations; can put others at ease and disarm hostility.
- Managing Relationships ? Responds and relates well to people in all positions; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; looks for common ground and solves problems for the good of all.
- Functional/Technical Skills ? Possesses required functional and technical knowledge and skill to accomplish job tasks at a high level; demonstrates active interest and ability to enhance and apply new functional skills.
Maximum Salary 97335.00
Minimum Salary 86520.00
- Bachelor?s degree from an accredited college or university and 5 years of relevant experience; Master?s degree and 3 years of relevant experience, or PhD. and 1 year of relevant experience. Degree must be from an accredited college or institution.
- Ability to think strategically, plan, coordinate, supervise and/or evaluate the work of internal and external managers and staff involved in grant activity.
- Ability to build an effective team, establish processes and structures to improve operations and to use data to inform decisions.
- Ability to work independently and, when necessary and appropriate, collaboratively with school and district office staff.
- Strong written and oral communication and human relations skills.
- Proficiency with programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Full time or Part time Full time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts -undergraduate, graduate and all MSDE Certifications
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded into application
- All documentation must be scanned and uploaded to application
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age in its employment, programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts of America and other designated youth groups. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact Equal Opportunity Manager, Title IX Coordinator Equal Employment Opportunity and Title IX Compliance Office 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208 Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax).This position is not affiliated with any bargaining unit.