City Year’s Public Policy Team is seeking a Washington, DC-based Coalition Operations Manager. This position will play a central role in ensuring the smooth daily operations of the of the Public Policy team and the Voices for National Service coalition, including member services, in person and virtual events, digital communications, and budget management.
This position, reporting to the Senior Director, Advocacy and Outreach, will collaborate with staff members across City Year departments like Communications, Development, and Finance, as well as with external partners from the nonprofit, business, and government sectors. The successful candidate will be a self-driven, well-organized, and tech-savvy individual who is skilled at managing multiple priorities and can work both collaboratively and independently.
City Year’s Public Policy Department is dedicated to advancing City Year’s federal policy priorities. City Year serves as the host of Voices for National Service, a coalition of national, state and local service organizations working to build bipartisan support for AmeriCorps and Senior Corps, develop policies to expand and strengthen service opportunities, and ensure a robust federal investment in the Corporation for National and Community Service. City Year’s Public Policy Department, including the Coalition Operations Manager, serves as the staff of Voices for National Service.
The Coalition Operations Manager supports the operations of the Voices for National Service coalition, including member services, event production, budget management, and more. The role manages Voices for National Service’s digital platforms, including the website, email action alerts, and social media accounts, and collaborates with the rest of the Policy Team to create and execute digital content that align with policy and advocacy priorities.
- Manage annual Voices for National Service membership campaign: maintain membership records, create and send invoices, work across departments to process payment
- Work across City Year teams to identify partnership, sponsorship, and other development opportunities for Voices for National Service
- Develop and implement stewardship plans for Voices for National Service Business Council, Champions Circle, and Steering Committee
- Support grant writing, management and reporting
- Respond to support requests from Voices for National Service members
- Play central role in annual Friends of National Service Awards event production:
- Manage vendor relationships with venue, catering, a/v, printing, videographer, photographer, and others as needed
- Oversee production of approximately 20 videos introducing award honorees
- Support event communications: invitations, website updates, social media content creation
- Lead event team in week- and day-of event execution
- Support development and execution of policy events such as annual Voices for National Service Capitol Hill Day; City Year Hill Day; policy briefings, and more.
- Support virtual events and trainings such as webinars and conference calls for coalition partners, members, and supporters
- Working with the Senior Director, Advocacy and Outreach, maintain and update Voices for National Service website, social media channels, and email lists
- Serve as Policy Team liaison to City Year Marketing & Communications team; join monthly interdepartmental communications calls; collaborate on developing national service-related content for City Year audiences
- Work with City Year graphic design team on creation of event collateral, digital graphics, and other materials
Budget and Finance:
- Develop and manage annual Public Policy and Voices for National Service budget; track expenses and revenue; create invoices and process payments
- Minimum 3-4 years of progressively increasing experience in project management, nonprofit member services, event production, or related field. This is not an entry level position.
- Experience in content creation for organizational social media accounts, particularly Facebook and Twitter
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with platforms such as Wordpress or other CMS, Every Action or other CRM, and HTML
- Demonstrated proficiency in office-based software and computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Efficient initiative, follow through, and time management skills including the ability to meet deadlines and manage competing priorities
- Strong personal organization and attention to detail
- Experience with or interest in public policy, education, and/or national service a plus
- Proficiency with InDesign and Adobe Photoshop a plus
Compensation and Benefits
Full time employees are entitled to compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits for full time employees include health insurance with Flexible Spending Account, paid vacation, holidays, parental leave, 401K, and more.
City Year is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workforce. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, including persons with disabilities and veterans.