City Year Milwaukee is seeking an Impact Manager (IM) who will lead and develop a team of AmeriCorps members (ACMs) as idealistic, emerging leaders and practitioners focused on strengthening schools and supporting students to improve performance. Reporting to an Impact Director, the IM plays a critical role in implementing City Year’s school-based Whole School Whole Child (WSWC) service model, mission, and practices. The IM is also an effective talent developer who will support AmeriCorps members through a challenging and rewarding year of service.
This may be the job for you if:
• You lead through your connections with others, create spaces where individuals can flourish and
grow, and support them to find meaning in their work.
• You are always learning. You work on your own growth and development and authentically model that work for those you lead.
• You are a collaborative worker with a strong sense of ownership over your success, strategy to get there, and organization to execute on your plans.
AmeriCorps Member Experience
Manage, coach, and develop up to 20 AmeriCorps members though a personally rewarding year of service where they achieve service performance and standards requirements while reaching their leadership development potential. Model leadership that is fueled by City Year's culture and values. Facilitate ongoing dialogues that empower AmeriCorps members to relate to our culture and values in personally meaningful ways.
Build Conditions for Success in our Schools
Build and cultivate strong partnerships with teachers, principals, school officials, and other key decision makers and stakeholders. Manage implementation of partnership agreement between the school and City Year Milwaukee. Ensure the necessary conditions and resources are in place for their team of AmeriCorps members to deliver attendance, behavior, and course performance interventions for students.
Service Delivery & Impact
Implement City Year’s WSWC model with a high degree of quality to, in the right time, at assigned
schoolhouse(s). Make data-informed decisions to ensure tutoring, classroom support, afterschool programs, and school-wide initiatives align with the shared goals of the school/City Year partnership.
Local and National Organizational Initiatives
• Devote up to 10 days a year to AmeriCorps member recruitment interviews.
• Serve as lead or team member of special project teams and site Impact Support roles.
• Assist with Service projects, Opening Day, Annual Gala and other side-wide designated events. City Year is committed to a diverse workforce. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
• Attend local and network wide professional development and learning events.
What does a typical day look like?
• Start of day centering meeting with team
• AmeriCorps Member/ Student observations
• Review Student Achievement data
• Review AmeriCorps Member event plans, student engagement data and offer feedback
• Individual Meetings with AmeriCorps Members
• Coach AmeriCorps Members through communication challenges and conflict resolution
• Connect with school administration to review upcoming initiatives and mutual expectations
• Meet with Impact Director for your own support
• Host City Year's potential and current funding partners on a school tour and roundtable
• Attend and support After School Programs
• End of day centering meeting with team
• Experience building and growing complex professional relationships with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders.
• Experience holding people accountable to performance goals and navigating difficult conversations.
• Experience managing diverse teams, particularly managing teams of early-workforce members.
• Ability to apply creative problem solving when faced with perceived barriers.
• Ability to translate mission and vision from organization level to individual level and draw connections between mission and daily work.
• Ability to navigate complex topics and parse them for specific audiences.
• Additional Qualifications:
o 2-3 years of relevant experience, work in the education sector preferred.
o National service experience is a plus.
o Familiarity with Milwaukee public school system a plus.
Compensation and Benefits
Full time employees are entitled to compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits for full time employees include health insurance with Flexible Spending Account, paid vacation, holidays, parental leave, 401K, and more.
City Year is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workforce. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, including persons with disabilities and veterans.