In partnership with teachers, school leaders, community leaders and students, City Year Providence’s long-term goal is to increase high school graduation rates by providing targeted interventions and whole-school support to the students and communities at greatest risk for falling off-track. City Year Providence (CYP) is seeking an experienced and motivated Impact Director to oversee the delivery of high-quality supports, by City Year staff and AmeriCorps members, to students in Providence schools.
Providence’s Impact Director is a member of the Impact, Learning and Development, and Evaluation department. The 9 staff and 60 AmeriCorps members of this department support 6 Providence schools and maintain transformative relationships with district staff and community partners.
As a member of the department’s leadership team, the Impact Director supports and guides the implementation of City Year’s Whole School, Whole Child service model. Our Whole School Whole Child service model improves the academic achievement and academic engagement of the students supported by City Year, prevents students in the schools we serve from falling off track, improves school-wide culture and climate, engages families, and expands the use of data to inform instructional practices and continuous improvement. In collaboration with district leaders and City Year’s national impact team, the leadership of the Impact, Learning and Development, and Evaluation team develops the practices and systems to achieve these goals and creates a supportive and professional learning environment for the staff and AmeriCorps members providing service to students. The Impact Director report to the Managing Director of Impact.
TEAM LEADERSHIP AND DEVELOPMENT
- Supervise and coach up to six Impact Managers on building and maintaining strong partnerships that support short-term and long-term service impact goals.
- Ensure Impact Managers have the information, resources, and training required to build effective school partnerships and powerful experiences for AmeriCorps members.
- Monitor teams’ outcomes using data provided members of the Impact team to inform and improve service delivery and establish plans to improve or correct service delivery to maximize outcomes for students and the experience of AmeriCorps members.
- Support AmeriCorps members through specific emergencies, in partnership with Impact Managers and the Managing Director of Impact.
- Ensure Impact staff are aware of and follow City Year policies and protocols on Professional Accountability, student and member safety, inclusivity, and adherence to AmeriCorps standards.
- Conduct member-specific observations while they provide Tier I and Tier II support, and coach individuals to improve their student engagement and academic practice.
- Partner with the Impact, Learning, and Development, and Evaluation team to anticipate and articulate the training and support needs of staff and AmeriCorps members, provide resources, monitor performance, and improve operations.
- Regularly lead activities that engage AmeriCorps members in teambuilding activities, topical discussions, and feedback sessions to advance their abilities and inform service delivery.
SERVICE DELIVERY AND PARTNERSHIP MANAGEMENT
- Work with the Managing Director of Impact and Impact Managers to establish school-level impact and partnership goals, that clearly define the performance expectations of Impact staff and AmeriCorps members.
- Oversee the delivery and monitoring of City Year Providence school-based service to ensure that annual impact, partnership, and safety goals are met and all activities comply with organizational standards and best practices.
- the tools needed to meet all City Year San Antonio goals regarding after school programming
- With the support of the Managing Director of Impact, lead the creation of annual school-level Statements of Partnership, which document the goals and expectations of all partners. Negotiate support and resources needed for schools and other partners to maximize City Year’s impact on student outcomes.
- Regularly visit schools and meet with Impact Managers, AmeriCorps members, and school leadership to proactively identify strategic opportunities to strengthen City Year’s support of schools, including the use of intervention programs, systematic data review, teacher communication, and ongoing professional development.
- Manage and build relationships with a variety of stakeholders and partners, including school leaders and administrators, teachers, and staff at other community organizations.
- Leverage relationships and partnerships with community leaders and school administrators to promote a robust representation of voices, perspectives, and approaches as part of the summer and ongoing education and preparation of our AmeriCorps and staff members.
- Support site outreach activities by leveraging partners and community stakeholders to serve as speakers on City Year’s impact, staffing events, and actively contributing to site communication activities.
- Manage Program Operations with the support of our Operations Manager and Headquarters.
SITE AND DEPARTMENT LEADERSHIP
- Serve as a proxy for the Managing Director of Impact for Delivery when they are unable to attend meetings with district or community leaders, City Year Board members, or other educational partners.
- Support staff and AmeriCorps member recruitment by leveraging personal and professional networks, conducting interviews and making candidate recommendations.
- Identify opportunities to strengthen the experience of staff and AmeriCorps members, facilitate training and teambuilding programs to build skills and a sense of community, and actively recognize the accomplishments of staff and AmeriCorps members.
- Lead specific site or district initiatives, such as team retreats or safety programs, and represent City Year at district initiative meetings about student engagement and academic success.
Compensation and Benefits
Full time employees are entitled to compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits for full time employees include health insurance with Flexible Spending Account, paid vacation, holidays, parental leave, 401K, and more.
City Year is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workforce. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, including persons with disabilities and veterans.