Responsible for the development, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of strategies to build world-class human capital in Baltimore City Public Schools. Serves as project manager to drive activities related to human capital strategy and implementation of strategic plan, data analysis and enhancement of the human capital information system. Develops methodologies and analyzes data to evaluate human capital performance and identifies opportunities for workforce and organizational improvement, with a focus on equity, and dedication to improving outcomes for our students. Provides consultation in human capital strategy alignment and integration with City Schools' goals and objectives, while serving as a key thought-partner with fellow leaders in the department and district office.
- Utilizes data to inform practice, policies, and recommendations to the Chief Human Capital Officer and leadership team, to improve human capital development and effectiveness.
- Develops and oversees data analysis for the Office of Human Capital to support data driven decision-making.
- Directs the development, communication and implementation of the Human Capital strategic plan with key City Schools? internal stakeholders in the areas of talent acquisition and workforce planning, talent development and performance management, and change management.
- Directs the implementation of Human Capital initiatives related to the City Schools Blueprint for Success and Labor Agreements.
- Formulates operational plan, measurable objectives and appropriate timeframe for identified human capital strategies. Develops project plans, work breakdown structures and schedules required to successfully complete projects on time and within budget constraints.
- Develops talent acquisition and development programs that optimize resources through competency model design, workforce planning, succession planning, leadership assessment and accountability.
- Realigns the human capital functions (people, process, organization and technology) to better support organizational goals.
- Guides HC staff in managing the movement of resources as a result of significant organizational events ? e.g., principal selection process, network selection process, teacher selection.
- Directs development and administration of accountability methodologies to assess the effectiveness of HC strategy and determine its impact on City Schools? goals and programs.
- Designs strategies, plans, and initiatives that address risks and align efforts to City Schools business and human capital goals.
- Oversees workforce assessment, workload analysis, and change management projects.
- Coordinates implementation of new policies, monitors existing policies, and communicates policy information to appropriate entities.
- Provides advice and guidance to executives and managers on system-wide human capital development.
- Maintains knowledge of trends in education through attendance at seminars and workshops.
- Manages assigned teams to analyze data, implement effectiveness strategies across the district and deliver training when needed.
- Provides appropriate supervision, mentoring, and professional growth and development opportunities to assigned staff. Such responsibility includes the development and implementation of professional growth plans to include keeping abreast of current developments, literature, and technical sources of information.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school board policies and the professional standards.
- Customer Focus ? Commits to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external stakeholders; acts with stakeholders in mind; values importance of providing high-quality customer service.
- Interpersonal Skills ? Builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact to diffuse tense situations; can put others at ease and disarm hostility.
- Managing Relationships ? Responds and relates well to people in all positions; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; looks for common ground and solves problems for the good of all.
- Functional/Technical Skills ? Possesses required functional and technical knowledge and skill to accomplish job tasks at a high level; demonstrates active interest and ability to enhance and apply new functional skills.
Maximum Salary 97335.00
Minimum Salary 86520.00
- Bachelor?s degree in human capital administration or a related field of study. Master?s degree preferred. Degree(s) must be from an accredited college or university.
- Four years of progressive supervisory and/or project management experience in an urban school district, data analytics team, policy administration or human resources.
- Knowledge of current issues regarding human capital challenges, strategies and policies, and items related to education reform in large urban school systems.
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills, solutions-oriented approach and flexibility are a must.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to synthesize complex data trends, communicate and draw recommendations from data analysis, make presentations to diverse groups, and summarize findings in reports.
- Knowledge of and comfort implementing advanced statistical concepts, sound research practices and ability to analyze and develop complex data methodologies.
- Strong project management skills and ability to collaborate across teams.
- Proficient in the knowledge and use of technical computer applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and statistical software (SPSS, R, SAS, Stata) or comparable software.
Full time or Part time Full time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts -undergraduate, graduate and all MSDE Certifications
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded into application
- All documentation must be scanned and uploaded to application
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age in its employment, programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts of America and other designated youth groups. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact Equal Opportunity Manager, Title IX Coordinator Equal Employment Opportunity and Title IX Compliance Office 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208 Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax).This position is not affiliated with any bargaining unit.