Function at an advanced level of technical expertise, monitors system performance and installs new hardware and software releases and system upgrades.
- Establishes and maintains disaster recovery and business continuity procedures.
- Recommends and develops complex routing and switching architectures, configurations and data communications systems.
- Evaluates installation patches and implement upgrade to solve Wan, LAN, and telecommunication problems.
- Implements and performs basic system design augmentations.
- Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure system and data integrity.
- Coordinates and monitors network resource management. Maintains system growth statistics, and software and hardware inventories.
- Performs system backups and recovery and monitors system security.
- Utilizes software and hardware tools, identifies and diagnoses problems and factors affecting network performance.
- Comprehensive knowledge of cisco nexus environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Aruba wireless environment and Voice Over IP technologies.
- Performs routine testing and analysis of all elements of the network facilities (including power, software, communication machinery, communication lines, and terminals).
- Monitors systems and advises higher level systems administrators of network status or issues/problems.
- Proactively informs users of network problems.
- Maintains a proficient technical knowledge of one Baltimore City Public Schools application program, database, operating system, customer data retrieval process, or network configuration.
- Participates in the training programs offered to increase technical, interpersonal and communication skills and proficiency related to the projects to which assigned.
- Utilizes tact and exercises good judgement in interacting with the public, school and central office personnel.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school board policies and the professional standards.
Maximum Salary 92973.00
Minimum Salary 70723.00
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a closely related field and one year directly related experience; or Associate's degree or a closely related field and technical certification(s) and three years directly related experience; or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification in Routing and Switching and two years directly related experience; or High School diploma and technical certification(s) and six years directly related experience; or a high School diploma and eight years directly related experience.
- Proficient knowledge of LAN/WAN software and hardware.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- CCNA required.
- CCNA Voice preferred.
- CCNP preferred.
Full time or Part time Full time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
This position is affiliated with the City Union of Baltimore (CUB) bargaining unit.
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts -undergraduate, graduate and all MSDE Certifications
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded into application
- All documentation must be scanned and uploaded to application
- Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org