Safely operates a school bus for transporting regular education and handicapped students to and from school. Work performed, includes but is not limited to driving bus safely to destination and return; following school district procedures when driving assigned bus routes; and monitoring students' behavior while they are riding on the bus. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Picks up students timely to transport them to and from school.
- Conforms to traffic rules and regulations, and makes vehicle pre-checks and records and reports malfunctions.
- Follows TRS district regulations for handling vehicle breakdowns and accident incidents; and keeps the bus clean.
- Follows TRS policies and procedures as it relates to the students pick-up and drop-off locations.
- Ensures all students have safely exited the bus at all stops and at the end of drop-off.
- Monitor the student's behavior while on the bus.
- Must be able to take appropriate action to resolve incidents between students and reports any incidents that may occur to school officials as soon as possible.
- Promptly report to work when scheduled, uses time wisely to ensure productivity and efficiency, adheres to bus routes.
- Other duties as assigned by the Transportation Manager
High School Diploma or equivalent (ex. G.E.D.) Work Experience:
• Minimum 2 years of driving experience, must be at least 21 years of age.
• Valid Texas Commercial Driver's LicenseSpecial Knowledge/Skills
• Positive Attitude: Presents a positive role model for students that supports the goals of The Rhodes Schools.
• Cooperation: Works effectively with others.
• Dependability: Reports to work on time, is reliable for regular and overtime work, and is absent only with good cause.
• Must be able to read, speak and comprehend English and good written, verbal command of the English language. Supervisory Responsibilities
• None Equipment Used:
School Bus - Transportation Working/Environmental Conditions / Mental Demands/Physical Demands:
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any hazardous or unpleasant elements. Ability to carry and/or lift less than 50 pounds.
• Ability to communicate effectively, interpret policy, and procedures
• Maintain emotional control under stress
• Sitting for long durations of time while operating a motor vehicle. Job Category: Support Staff > Transportation
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Rhodes School is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation. Contact Information
- Michelynne McCarter
- 12822 ROBERT E LEE RD
- Houston, Texas 77015