An employee in this position will provide support to teachers in the instruction of students. A wide variety of tasks are performed to support the teacher in the teaching-learning process for students. Professional staff will assign duties as appropriate with the teaching and learning process in a school setting. Skills and Abilities
• Strong interpersonal skills in relating to students and adults
• Assists the teacher in planning and maintaining a safe, clean, learning environment and in assuring the wellbeing and safety of the children in his/her care.
• Takes care of the student's personal/self-care needs as needed
• Exhibits a genuine nurturing, caring attitude to all children.
• Assist the teacher with planning and organizing, evaluating instructional activities, developing classroom procedures and preparing necessary materials.
• Monitors work assigned by teacher.
• Supervises students in the classroom and other locations.
• Reports discipline problems to teacher or principal.
• Performs any other task deemed necessary by the teacher and/or Principal Training and Experience
• Associate Degree required or 60 semester hours
• No prior experience required Job Category: Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA
Welcome to Anson Academy!
"Anson County Anson County, once the largest county in the state with a border on the Mississippi River, was carved from Bladen County in 1750. It was named for Lord George Anson, a British admiral. The first courthouse was built on the bank of the Pee Dee River at Mount Pleasant. Anson is a largely rural area with 536 square miles and a population of 25,275 (2000 Census). Located in the south central region of North Carolina, the county is bordered by Richmond, Stanly and Union counties, and Chesterfield County, S.C. The county seat is Wadesboro. Anson enjoys a mild climate, with an annual average temperature of 76 degrees Fahrenheit. January is the coldest month, with an average temperature of 42.5 degrees. July is the hottest, with an average temperature of 78.9 degrees. The annual average rainfall is 41.52 inches. Centrally located, Anson is approximately one hour from Charlotte (50 miles), two hours and 10 minutes from Raleigh (115 miles) and two hours from Greensboro (100 miles). For further information about Anson County, please feel free to visit Anson County Chamber of Commerce website at http://www.ansoncounty.org/ Learn more about us... Equal Opportunity Employer
Anson County Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, or national origin. Contact Information
- Pam Gathings, HR
- 320 Camden Road
- Wadesboro , North Carolina 28170
- Phone: 704-694-4417
- Fax: 704-694-7479
- Email: click here