SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER Qualifications
• Education : Minimum of Bachelor's degree in education from an accredited college or university.
• A valid VA Teaching Certificate or the ability to obtain one with appropriate endorsement(s)
• A demonstrated philosophy that all students can and will learn.
• Excellent attendance record
• Excellent communication skills oral and written
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Best Instructional Practices
• Positive interpersonal skills
• Professional verification of successful classroom teacher performance and/or student teaching experience.
• Evidence of the willingness and the ability to comply with the standards for ethical and professional performance established by the State Board of Education.
• This individual will exhibit skills pertinent to foster positive human relationships and the ability to work effectively with students, staff, parents and the community
• A willingness and demonstrated abilities conducive to a continuous quest for quality education.Other Information
Reports to : Building Principal
Work Schedule : 200 Day Contract
• Developing students' cognitive capacity and respect for learning
• Positively fostering students' self-esteem
• Working with and understanding a diverse student population
• Integration of leadership, technology, and communication into the curriculum
• Planning for and guiding the learning process to help students achieve program objectives
• Maintaining a classroom atmosphere conducive to learning
• Implementing useful diagnostic and progress assessment measures
• Selecting and using effective instructional methods and learning materials
• Establishing a cooperative relationship with all assigned students
• Maintaining open lines of communication with parents/ guardians/ staff
• Engaging in professional growth activities through an ongoing program of job related knowledge and skill development
• Working collaboratively to achieve the overall purpose of the school's program and support the District's vision, aims and goals
• Integrating of the themes of leadership, technology, and communication with a diverse population
How To Apply
You must complete the entire online application to be considered for a position.
Providing a resume, and additional attachments are optional. Please also provide complete reference information for each reference including name, address, phone and email address.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Aligned with the mission of the Hopewell City Public Schools is the commitment to educational equity for all students, staff, and patrons of the school system. In all places and in all activities of the Hopewell City Public Schools, it is expected that every individual will be treated in a fair and equitable manner. All conduct will reflect a belief in the dignity and value of each person regardless of the individual's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizenship status, or economic status.
Job Category: Special Education > General Special Education Contact Information
- Missy Shores
- 103 N 12th Ave
- Hopewell, Virginia 23860