TEACHER ASSISTANT SWAIN COUNTY SCHOOLS JOB DESCRIPTION Reports to Teacher, Principal PURPOSE To provide support to teacher in instruction, general supervision and management of children. In some cases, E.C. assistants may work one-on-one with special needs students, such assistants may be required to possess additional skills and training in providing for the specific physical needs of such students.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Works in classrooms at the direction of the teacher.
- Conducts samll group lessons and/or activities
- Conducts clerical tasks as directed.
- Provides individualized instruction
- Monitors work assigned by teacher
- Checks and corrects students' work.
- Keeps student on task.
- Praises and reinforces achievement of students.
- Reports student progress to teacher.
- Attends workshops as assigned.
- Serves as proctor during testing.
- Demonstrates various instructional activities.
- Reconciles minor student conflicts.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
- Proficient with basic computer operation and software.
- Ability to follow minimally detailed written and oral instructions without constant supervision.
- Effective methods of dealing with children.
- Ability to interact positively with students and colleagues.
- Demonstrates initiative
- Positive attitude
- Associates degree
- Two years of college
Job Category: Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Thomas Dills
- 50 Main Street
- Bryson City, North Carolina 28713