AFTERSCHOOL & STEM CAMP TEACHER or TUTOR POSITION
SWAIN COUNTY SCHOOLS JOB DESCRIPTION
Reports to Principal, Afterschool Leadership, Program Director
Assist students with homework and provide tutoring as needed. Provide direct instruction to afterschool or summer program students from supplied lesson plans.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assists school in creating an afterschool or summer program classroom environment that is conducive to warm, engaging, effective learning and appropriate to the maturity level and interests of the students.
- Provides notice well in advance when possible, or as soon as humanly possible, if unable to be present on a day scheduled to work.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media consistent with the needs and capabilities of the students participating in the programs.
- Strives to model the goals and implement the strategic priorities of Swain County Schools and the program.
- Monitors program students' needs and cooperates with the other program and school staff members at the school and county levels in helping students overcome health, social-emotional, behavioral, and learning problems.
- Communicates with parents through any means available to provide awareness of student's academic and behavioral progress, and to ascertain how the afterschool or summer program might provide additional support.
- Translates weekly enrichment lesson plans provided into highly engaging learning experiences so as to best utilize the available program time.
- Assists administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student life and conduct. For the classroom, ensures students follow reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure as appropriate for program, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Maintains accurate, up-to-date attendance records for all student participants.
- Supervises students in out-of-classroom activities or on planned field trips during program hours.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Language Skills - Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups, students, parents and supervisors.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to apply mathematical concepts to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Computer Skills - Familiar with basic computer operations, software, and Google cloud applications - or willing and able to learn various computer operations required for management of student information, integration of technology in instruction, and data submission.
Job Categories: Instructional Support > Substitute
Athletics & Activities > After School Programs Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Thomas Dills
- 50 Main Street
- Bryson City, North Carolina 28713