JOB DESCRIPTIONSchool Bus Driver
Reports to: Transportation Director and Principal
Supervises: N/AJob Summary:
To provide safe bus transportation for school children, assuring that each child is picked up and delivered on schedule.
1. Transport children to and from school efficiently and safely.
2. Ensure that all passengers are properly seated when bus is in motion.
3. Ensure that any behavioral issues do not compromise the safety of any child on the
bus. Report those students who do not follow driver's instructions to school principal
using the Disciplinary Referral form.
4. Follow all bus procedures/rules at all times.
5. Continuous collaboration with school staff, families and Transportation Director to
design efficient bus routes.
6. Complete accident/incident reports as appropriate.
7. Perform a complete visual pre-trip safety check on a daily basis. Perform a post-trip
inspection to ensure no one has been left on bus.
8. Keep interior of bus clean daily and bus exterior as needed.
9. Report any needed repairs to bus mechanic in writing using maintenance form.
10. Attend trainings or meetings as required by Transportation Director or Principal.
1. Other duties as assigned by the Transportation Director or Principal.
Education, Experience and Skills required:
1. Valid commercial driver's license, Class B with P and S Endorsements, and driving
record free of any moving violations within the last three (3) years
2. NC School Bus Driver's Pocket Card
3. Must be at least 18 years of age
4. Pediatric CPR/First Aid - certified within 30 days of hire date
Polk County Schools
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with the provision of the Board of Education's policy on Evaluation.
Daily sitting, about 85% of driving time.
Job Category: Support Staff > Transportation Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Rachael Haynes-Wood
- 125 E Mills Street
- Columbus, North Carolina 28722