Exceptional Children's DepartmentPosition Summary:
Utilizing leadership, advocacy and collaboration, school-based Speech-Language Pathologists provide prevention, assessment and remediation services for students who exhibit difficulties in the areas of articulation, language, voice and fluency. These services are designed to help children meet their educational goals.Term of Employment:
- Masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an accredited college/university
- Current License from the NC Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists
- ASHA certification is preferred
- SEY/CF supervision is available
- Consults and collaborates with parents, teachers and other appropriate staff to improve student performance at school.
- Provides information to teachers and parents about speech/language development.
- Administers formal and informal assessments to students.
- Analyzes and interprets information to make recommendations regarding the need for speech/language services.
- Plans and provides evidence-based interventions appropriate for individual students and groups of students.
- Applies a systematic workload model to facilitate and organize the speech/language program within the school and schedule interventions using a variety of service delivery models.
- Adheres to Local, State, and Federal Regulations and Ethical Practices.
- Knowledge of Polices Governing Services for Children with Disabilities.
- Completes procedural documentation as required by DPI and the LEA.
- Completes third party billing (cost recovery) in a timely manner.
- Participates in professional development directly related to Speech/Language Pathology.
- Attends monthly SLP meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Categories: Special Education > Speech/Language Pathologist
Student Services > Speech/Language Pathologist Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Glen Buck
- 1717 W 5th Street
- Greenville, North Carolina 27834-1698