Technology Technician III REPORTS TO:
Chief Technology Officer BEGINNING DATE:
Open Until Filled NATURE OF WORK
An individual in this class works as the senior or lead technician at the system level. This employee performs repair and maintenance of all technology-related equipment as well as technical support for all technology-related systems. This employee is responsible for maintaining the operation and integrity of local area networks, system-wide technology platforms, file servers, and workstations. Through scheduling and assigning technical support staff work tasks, the Technology Technician III supports the Chief Technology Officer and Network Engineer in the design, configuration, and installation of local area networks, system-wide technology platforms, and file servers.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Strong knowledge of computers and related technologies.
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure requirements and components of local area networks.
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory, System Center Configuration Manager, and Azure Cloud Services Management.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of technology users.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT:
- An associate's degree in Computer Science or related field, two years' experience in a network environment, or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Recommendation of current direct supervisor.
- Exemplary evaluation measures for at least two, successive years
Salary Grade 72FLSA STATUS:
- Must be able to stand, sit, or walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms routinely.
- Ability to bend, stoop, carry, crawl, push, or pull.
- Ability to carry and transport equipment, supplies, and materials
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds routinely and 50 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to visually and auditorily effectively communicate with staff and students.
- Must be able to drive to variety of school sites.
Works with the Chief Technology Officer and/or network engineers in the development and implementation of all technical aspects of the local technology plan. Assigns, monitors, and evaluates all repair and maintenance work done by the technical support staff to ensure reliability of performance. Supervises and/or performs the installation of hardware, software and related peripherals. Assists with the installation of system-wide technology platforms, file servers, and other related peripherals under the supervision of the network engineer. Ensures the maintenance of all system-wide technology platforms by tracking significant problems, monitoring performance, and installing upgrades to hardware and software. Develops and implements training for technical support staff. Attends classes and seminars to enhance knowledge of equipment and operating. The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job.
Interested individuals are to complete an online application which can be found at www.onslow.k12.nc.us
Onslow County Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs and activities.
Job Categories: Support Staff > Computer Support
Support Staff > Maintenance
Support Staff > Network Services Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- CJ Korenek
- 200 Broadhurst Road
- Jacksonville, North Carolina 28540-3551