Speech Language PathologistREPORTS TO:
Exceptional Children DirectorBEGINNING DATE:
Open Until FilledKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Considerable knowledge of childhood speech and hearing development
- Considerable knowledge of communication disorders and treatment
- Working knowledge of Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations affecting the delivery of school speech-language services
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate services between the school and other community resources
- Ability to develop and maintain student records
- Ability to develop positive working relationships
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Master's Degree
- Hold or eligible to hold the North Carolina Board of Examiners for Speech and Language Pathologists and Audiologists (NCBOESLPA) license
NC Speech Language Pathologist Salary ScheduleFLSA Status:
Provide appropriate information on an informal or formal basis regarding speech, language, and hearing programs. Maintain records of the speech-language program and prepare periodic reports, as needed. Provide consultation to parents, teachers, and other appropriate school personnel. Adjust intervention strategies based upon student performance. Conduct speech, language and hearing screening, administer formal and informal assessments, and obtain additional diagnostic information from appropriate persons and available records, for speech-language purposes. Analyze and interpret information to make recommendations regarding the need for speech-language services. Plan and deliver evidence-based interventions appropriate for individual students and groups of students. Collaborate/consult with classroom teachers in the management of speech-language disorders. Analyze the impact of comprehensive speech-language services on student learning. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- The ability to be physically active, which includes, but is not limited to, standing, pushing, pulling, squatting, bending, sitting, walking.
- Must be able to stand, sit, or walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds routinely and 30 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to facilitate the evacuation of students during emergency situations and/or drills.
- Must be able to visually, auditorily, and physically monitor student performance and conduct.
- Must be able to drive to variety of school sites.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job.
Interested individuals are to complete an online application which can be found at www.onslow.k12.nc.us
Onslow County Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities.
Job Categories: Special Education > Speech/Language Pathologist
Student Services > Speech/Language Pathologist Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- CJ Korenek
- 200 Broadhurst Road
- Jacksonville, North Carolina 28540-3551