188 days - 7.5 hours per day QUALIFICATIONS:
High school diploma, GED or equivalent life experience required.Must
obtain and maintain an Arizona Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
Class B (includes school bus, passenger and air brake endorsement), an Arizona IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card, and
an Arizona School Bus Driver's Certificate (CPR, First Aid, exams and physical performance tests specified in AAC R 17-7-102(D)
Must pass annual physical examinations and drug tests per Arizona Department of
Public Safety (ADPS) regulations.
Must complete bi-annual refresher training as required by ADPS regulations.Must be able to work harmoniously with community members, certified and
classified staff, and students.
Must be able to communicate adequately orally and in writing to properly attend
to disciplinary matters.
Must be able to perform a variety of bending and lifting operations such as lifting
30 pounds overhead to move/remove emergency equipment aboard the bus, reach
under seats and kneel to clean the bus and climb out of the emergency exit(s) of
the bus which are approximately 4 feet above ground level. REPORTS TO:
Director of Transportation JOB GOAL:
To provide safe and efficient transportation so that students may enjoy the fullest
possible advantage from the District's curriculum and extra-curricular programs. PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Obeys all traffic laws.
2. Observes all mandatory safety regulations for school buses and drivers.
3. Utilizes a variety of pupil management skills to maintain order abroad the bus.
4. Reports undisciplined students to the proper authority.
5. Adheres to established routes and times and recommends changes to routes and
stop locations as needed.
6. Keeps assigned bus clean and fueled.
7. Transports only authorized students.
8. Reports all accidents, mechanical breakdowns or delays of over 5 minutes to
supervisor immediately; completes reports as required.
9. Operates a variety of different equipment on paved and unpaved roads under
various conditions including extreme heat and noise.
10. Checks bus for mechanical defects prior to operation of same in accordance with
11. Performs other related duties as required by the supervisor. TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Work year, salary and benefits as established by the Board. EVALUATION:
Performance of this job shall be evaluated by the Director of Transportation in
accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on evaluation of classified personnel. Range 11
Job Category: Support Staff > Transportation Contact Information
- Gabby Kuzniak
- 4250 W 16TH ST
- YUMA, Arizona 853644031