Title: Teacher, Sports Marketing and Management/Business Administration
Department: Career and Technical Education
Reports To: School Principal
For forward-thinking administrators and educators opportunities abound in the School District of Philadelphia. The School District of Philadelphia is committed to transforming the education opportunities it offers the city's 200,000 school-aged children. The District seeks leaders who have a passion for working with schools, principals and communities who are committed to ensuring all students achieve. Serving a population as diverse as ours requires creativity, commitment and vision. Will you join us?
Provides a career and technical education instructional program that prepares students to work as a sports marketing/management business administration professional. Instructs students in areas such as using technology, promotion, customer relations, selling products or tickets and marketing plans. Provides instruction based on the concepts, methods, techniques of planning and implementing effective marketing programs. Students will be able to enhance their current knowledge of current social media tools, trends and techniques (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, You Tube, etc.) for use as communication tools.
- Assesses the instructional requirements of students and provides orientation and instruction in sports marketing/management and business administration to high school students using career and technical education related competencies.
- Ensures that industry standards are incorporated into the educational program; prepares students to use innovative techniques to effectively communicate ideas and information for business projects, and studies relating to marketing and public relations.
- Provides instruction that offers a balance of theory and practice, as well as training in such areas of strategic marketing activities, projects, and studies relating to marketing and public relations.
- Provides training in the proper use of software, tools and equipment related to the commercial marketing industry; provides instruction related to marketing fundamentals, sports and entertainment industries, marketing information, product service, pricing, distribution, promotion methods, business plan, business laws, ethics and professional development.
- Monitors student progress and assesses their skills according to standardized measurements.
- Participates in the development of internships in the sports marketing/management business administration program; ensures that students have a variety of school and work-based experiences; oversees students in a variety of job/school sites.
- Collaborates with industry professionals to ensure classroom instruction remains current and reflects industry standards.
- Stays abreast of technological advances in the area of specialization.
- Prepares students for employment as a sports marketing/management business administration professional or post-secondary education by coordinating activities related to developing a portfolio.
- Partners with industry professionals in the sports marketing/management business administration industry to assist in the development of learning and training activities.
- Maintains and conducts Occupational Advisory Committee (OAC) meetings at least twice annually for the purpose of aligning career and technical program with current industry standards, and to seek recommendations for improvements to curriculum, facilities, equipment, and safety.
- Develops and promotes student leadership, civic responsibility and citizenship through the integration of Career and Technical Student Organization (CTSO) activities into the curriculum, and through membership and participation in CTSO conferences and competitions.
- Attends regularly scheduled teachers' meetings, professional development and other program related activities and events.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Two years of full-time, paid experience in the Sports Marketing/Management Business Administration
- Education equivalent to the completion of the twelfth school grade.
- Six years of full-time, paid experience in the Sports Marketing/Management Business Administration
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of:
• the sports marketing/management business administration industry.
• the modern methods, theories and practices in the area of consumer audiences and moving products from producers to consumers, including instruction in buyer behavior and dynamics, principle of marketing research, demand analysis, cost-volume and profit relationships.
• the equipment, software, materials and techniques used in the area of commercial marketing.
• the proper use and maintenance of equipment and materials used in consumer relations, retailing and applications to specific products and markets.
• implement assessment tools for effective student evaluations.
• communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• establish and maintain effective working relationships.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Valid Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Vocational/Intern Certificate in Marketing or Business Education or immediate eligibility for an Emergency Teaching Permit.
- Position Type: Not provided
Job Categories: Career Education > Marketing Education
Classroom Teacher > Business Education
Classroom Teacher > Marketing Education Contact Information
- Office of Talent
- 440 N. Broad Street
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19130