Jacksonville North Pulaski School DistrictPosition Title:
Para-Educator - JHS In-School Suspension(ISS)Department:
Building LevelReports To:
2020-2021 School YearClosing:
To aid and support teachers and other licensed personnel in implementing the instructional program and related services for students in the In-School Suspension (ISS) classroom.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implements instructional activities with students as directed by the teacher/building principal in school and community sites.
- Provides support to meet individual student needs, using a firm but soft demeanor to help calm situations.
- Assists in the preparation of lesson plans, instructional materials, and data collection.
- Assumes responsibility for being prepared to perform instructional duties as prescribed.
- Acquires knowledge of the curriculum content of the classes in which he/she assists.
- Implements behavior management techniques as directed by teacher/building principal.
- Administers medications and other medical supports as prescribed and directed by the school nurse.
- Completes daily work schedules as assigned by the teacher/principal.
- Assists the teacher with the maintenance of the classroom.
- Assists with duties such as lunchroom, recess, bus, etc.
- Participates in inservices as directed.
- Knows Board of Education policies, district and school guidelines, regulations and adhere to the same.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent. Education or experience in field related to working with students in an Alternative Learning Environment/In School Suspension classroms. Required to meet or obtain state and federal Paraprofessional Certification requirements (60 College Credits, Associates Degree or higher or State Para Pro Assessment Test). OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Successful completion of pre-employment background checks. Appropriate personal and professional conduct at all times around students, other staff members and the general public.The Jacksonville North Pulaski School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
It is the policy of the Jacksonville North Pulaski School District not to discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin or disability in its educational programs, activities or employment practices.Contact Information
- Tiffany Bone
- 1414 W Main Street
- Jacksonville, Arkansas 72206