This posting is for the 20-21 school yearStudent Support Center182 Day ContractMinimum Qualifications
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Highly Qualified Licensed Teacher with a Behavioral Background
- Level III licensure
- MA degree or above
- Minimum of 3 years exemplary experience in Behavior Management
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Demonstrated strength in Behavior Management & verbal interventions and de-escalation skills.
- Strong knowledge of CPI, PBS, FBA & BIP processes
- Leadership experiences for Behavior Management for general education
- Understanding of state and district Behavioral Guidelines
- Strong communication, training/presentation, facilitation, and collaboration skills
- Evidence of data driven decision-making skills
- Highly organized
- Strong knowledge of community based resources
- Provide support to schools and students identified with behavioral issues related to Due Process Hearings and short and long-term suspensions impacting school success. Services include training, consultation and direct service; coordinating with the district PBS initiative.
- Demonstrate behavioral techniques to support students in overall academics, credit recovery, and attendance.
- Supporting needed intervention and differentiation strategies with the AES setting.
- Support district and staff administration in implementing district initiatives.
- Provide students behavioral techniques, teaching strategies, assessments, documentation, RTI and differentiation.
- Understand suicide, harm to others and child abuse reporting protocols.
- Interface with Leadership, counselors, site specialists and social work teams to identify and address needs of behaviorally/emotionally challenging students.
- Provide schools assistance on developing and conducting a re-integration group for students who have been short or long-term suspended, in the AES placement and how they can effectively transition back to the RRPS school setting they attended.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Additional work hours may be assigned by Executive Director of Student Services within the parameters of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.Application Procedure:
Applicant must attach:
An Equal Opportunity Employer Review salary information here.Contact Information
- Copy of Professional License
- Copy of transcript from each crediting college or university
- Vanessa Burge, Administrative Assistant
- 500 Laser Rd.
- Rio Rancho, New Mexico 87124