POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT: The Cabarrus County School System is accepting applications for a ten-month Cafeteria ASSISTANT III.
This vacancy is at Mount Pleasant High School.HOURS PER DAY: 7.0 HOURSAPPLICATIONDEADLINE: May 14, 2020 OR UNTIL POSITION IS FILLED.
Non-Exempt General Definition of Work
Performs semiskilled work preparing food, reconciling cash, maintaining proper temperatures and production of foods, maintaining a sanitized work area, and related work as apparent or assigned. Qualification Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED desired.
- General Kitchen experience.
- Completion of Serve Safe certification.
- Must possess a valid driver's license in the State of North Carolina.
- Ability to adjust to new and changing situations.
- Ability to get along well with others.
- Ability to assist in creating an inviting atmosphere for customers and staff.
- Ability to read and write.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work quickly with hands and complete assignment in time allotted.
Pay Grade 54Reports to
Cafeteria ManagerEssential Functions
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Prepares food, washes dishes, cleans up kitchen area.
- Serves food.
- Operates equipment.
- Completes daily worksheet.
- Stocks food supplies.
- Prepares deposits and delivers to bank on occasions; serves as cashier; closes out the cash drawers daily.
- Some knowledge of institutional cooking practices and techniques.
- General knowledge of materials and methods used in preparing meals, breads and other foods on a large scale, and of the use and care of utensils and equipment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates.
- Ability to calculate proper food quantities and servings for large groups.
- Requires the regular exertion of up to 10 pounds of force, frequent exertion of up to 50 pounds of force and occasional exertion of up to 25 pounds of force.
- Frequently requires standing, walking, sitting, speaking or hearing, using hands to finger, handle or feel, climbing or balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms, tasting or smelling, pushing or pulling, lifting and repetitive motions.
- Work has standard vision requirements.
- Vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by using the spoken word.
- Hearing is required to receive detailed information through oral communications and/or to make fine distinctions in sound.
- Requires visual inspection involving small defects and/or small parts.
- Requires use of measuring devices.
- Occasionally requires working near moving mechanical parts.
- May be exposed to the risk of electrical shock and blood borne pathogens.
- Occasionally may be exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather), to fumes or airborne particles, to toxic or caustic chemicals, to extreme cold (non-weather), and to extreme heat
- May be required to wear specialized personal protective equipment.
- Must be able to work in a moderately noisy location (e.g. business office, light traffic).
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job.Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Glenda Jones
- 4401 Old Airport Road
- Concord, North Carolina 28025