20/21 School YearMinimum Qualifications: A college degree
, a current NM Teaching License or
a current NM Substitute License is preferred.
Previous teaching or substitute experience is a plus. Willingness to accept half day, special ed and secondary level assignments preferred. Must hold minimum of high school diploma or GED. NM State Requirements:
Substitute teachers shall have attained eighteen (18) years of age for those seeking to perform instructional services in grades K-8, and twenty-one (21) years of age for those seeking to perform instructional services in grades 9-12. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent may find appropriate and acceptable. Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Provide support and supervision in the classroom when the regular classroom teacher is out due to illness or attendance of professional development workshops.
- May be asked to fill in for either classroom teachers, educational assistants, regular or special education classrooms, half time and/or full time assignments, as needed.
- Paid the same rate for teacher and Educational Assistant assignments.
- Primary duties may include: As classroom teacher: Use and apply appropriate conflict resolution skills with students.
- Maintain positive attitude and ensure classroom environment is conducive to student learning.
- Maintain order in the assigned classroom and follow all lesson plans provided by classroom teacher.
- Communicates with classroom teacher regarding activities, discipline and lessons covered during the assignment.
- As Educational Assistant: Assist teachers and EAs with classroom duties, constant supervision and small group activities.
- Assist in caring for student needs, such as feeding, cleaning, diapering, transporting in wheelchairs, and transferring to and from wheelchairs.
- Assist students who may be disruptive or combative.
- Assist with supervision of students on the playground, cafeteria, restrooms, and hallways.
- Perform other duties as needed.
The following documents MUST be attached to complete this application; y ou will not be considered for this position unless applicable documents listed are uploaded to your application.
- One copy of transcript from each crediting college or university if applicable
- Copy of high school diploma or GED certificate if no college hours have been earned
- If applicable: Digital copy of professional License OR digital copy of licensure application sent to NMPED OR a written statement as to the status of your NM licensure
If chosen as a candidate, you'll be required to submit to an NMPED approved background check. If not currently licensed
: Sub licensure would be obtained through Rio Rancho Public Schools after an offer of employment is made.An Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Category: Instructional Support > Substitute Contact Information
- Vanessa Burge, Administrative Assistant
- 500 Laser Rd.
- Rio Rancho, New Mexico 87124