: Assist the Special Education Teacher with the implementation of the Individual Education Plan for students with various types of disabilities and assist in general education curriculum on a continuum of services.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Participates in planning activities/work assignments for individual students.
- Assists the teacher in the carry out activities/work assignments for students across the continuum of services.
- Follow a lesson plan, chart or guide evolved by teacher.
- Consults frequently with staff about the needs, suggestions, questions, problems and progress of the students.
- Maintains all aspect and provision of confidentiality related to Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Assists the teacher in the implementation and maintaining student discipline.
- Maintains adequate and legible records concerning students whom they support.
- Assists the teacher with preparation of instructional materials.
- Attends district professional development classes.
- Participate in the Medicaid reimbursement program which includes maintaining logs on students and attending scheduled training.
- Assists students with activities of daily living, to including hygiene and toileting.
- Establish and maintain good rapport with students, employees, community members and vendors.
- Maintains a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- AA degree OR 60 college credit hours OR successful completion of Dysart approved exam.
- Valid CPR First Aid certification.
- Obtain and maintain a valid Arizona Identity Verified Prints (IVP) Fingerprint Clearance Card (AZ IVP FPCC).
- Adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Reading and interpreting general documents such as employee handbooks and safety/training manuals.
- Writing general correspondence and speak effectively with others.
- Standard practices, methods and materials of assigned work.
- Filing and record-keeping principles.
- Uses and properties of supplies and equipment.
- Applicable federal, state and local laws, codes, regulations.
- Customer service principles.
- Specialized equipment relevant to area of assignment.
- Modern office technology.
ADA AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Interpreting and applying applicable laws, codes, regulations and standards Providing customer service.
- Maintaining confidentiality.
- Utilizing a computer and relevant software applications.
- Utilizing communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisors, the general public and others to sufficiently exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Positions in this class typically require: reaching, standing, walking, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.Medium Work
: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.Working Conditions
: Work is routinely performed in an indoor classroom environment.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed by this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
The Dysart Unified School District is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer in compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Civil Rights Act Title VII of 1972, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990. Dysart Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment or in any of its educational programs or in the provisions of benefits and services to students.
Job Category: Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA Contact Information
- Dysart USD HR Department
- 15802 North Parkview Place
- Surprise, Arizona 85374