To provide instruction to facilitate learning which enables all students to reach their potential and become responsible, productive citizens.QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Possess a Bachelor's degree, or higher from an accredited institution.
2. Possess a valid Arizona Teaching Certificate in Mild-Moderate Disabilities, K-12REPORTS TO:
School Principal/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Establish measurable learning goals and objectives with emphasis on academics and behavior.
2. Determine appropriate program of study to meet specific needs of all students.
3. Provide instruction based on established goals and objectives and individual student needs, according to each student's Individualized Education Program (IEP).
4. Maintain positive effective classroom management.
5. Maintain accurate student records and documentation, i.e., IEPs, annual review meetings, progress reports, attendance, related service time, and accurate assessments.
6. Communicate effectively and consistently with students, parents, colleagues, and administration.
7. Continue to grow professionally through appropriate staff development opportunity and obtain a minimum of 15 clock hours of staff development each year.
8. Adhere to all Isaac Board Policies and/or rules, Arizona Revised Statutes and federal guidelines and regulations pertaining to education.
9. Attend staff meetings and in-services, workshops and school functions as directed.
10. Demonstrate knowledge of children with disabilities including but not limited to: Specific Learning Disabilities, Autism Spectrum Disorder, and Intellectual Disabilities.
11. Devise and maintain up to date Individualized Education Program, (IEP) for each student, ensuring that it reflects the latest psychological evaluation.
12. Develop a working and cooperative rapport with students' parents or guardians to provide continuity between school and home.
13. Basic knowledge of assistive technology.
14. Be able to teach basic life skills, personal care skills, feeding, changing, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
15. Able to teach basic skills within a general education class setting.
16. Collaborate with all teachers who are involved with the special needs students to ensure fidelity of the IEP.
17. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.SALARY:
Certified Salary plus Special Education Stipend.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER IN COMPLIANCE WITH TITLE IX OF THE EDUCATION AMENDMENTS OF 1972 AND SECTION 504 OF THE REHABILITATION ACT OF 1973
Job Category : Special Education > General Special Education Contact Information
- Hogla Gonzalez
- 3348 W McDowell Road
- Phoenix, Arizona 850092416