Urbana School District #116TITLE:
Special Education Teacher - Remote Learning ESY Program - Summer 2020 LOCATION:
Urbana School District #116 TBD SUPERVISOR:
Building Administrator, Assistant Superintendent for Student Services, Director of Student Services SUPERVISES:
Teaching Assistants JOB SUMMARY:
The Special Education Teacher is responsible for providing high quality instruction based on frequent assessment and data analysis and providing services through a structured and supportive environment that provides for student growth. Consultation with general education teachers and related service personnel, serving as case manager and training and monitoring of teaching assistants are also priorities. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- Collaborate with general education staff, related service personnel, parents, teaching assistants and students to ensure each student on caseload receives an appropriate comprehensive education.
- Coordinate the IEP process which includes but is not limited to writing the IEP, facilitating IEP meetings, monitoring and ensuring the provision of services, participating in the eligibility determination process and maintenance of accurate and up to date records for all students on caseload.
- Assess students' performance through formal and informal measures and use data for instructional decision making and IEP goal planning.
- Design clear, well-organized and relevant instruction that is aligned to the general education curriculum, common core standards, students' needs, ability levels, interests, classroom performance and assessment results.
- Establish and maintain a learning environment where students are engaged in meaningful learning experiences, staff functions as a team and decision making is student-centered and individualized. Provide a positive model of appropriate and respectful interactions.
- Provide direct instruction to students as written in the IEP.
- Complete progress monitoring of academic and functional goals.
- Consult and collaborate with staff members about student needs and progress to implement necessary accommodations and modifications as outlined in the IEP to ensure access to the general education curriculum.
- Train, monitor and supervise Teaching Assistants to meet the needs of all students.
- Maintain positive communication with parents through conferences, reports, IEP meetings and other means as necessary; document contacts.
- Participate in professional development opportunities presented within the district or offered outside of the district.
- Provide support to students who require physical assistance such as transporting, lifting, self-care (toileting), hygiene, medical needs or other assistance as outlined in the IEP and appropriate in the educational setting.
- Participate in special activities such as, but not limited to, field trips, vocational, and aquatic center activities.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
Illinois Educator License, endorsement LBS1
2 years school-based experience preferred OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Highly organized
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent problem solver
- Ability to provide special education services remotely
Hourly Rate Based on Time Worked EVALUATION:
To be completed by building administrator or district special education administrator START DATE:
Position is for Remote Extended School Year for Summer of 2020 only. NOTE:
This is a position within the collective bargaining unit and is not an administrative position. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERREVISED:
Job Categories: Special Education > General Special Education
Seasonal/Other Opportunities > Summer Camps/Programs Contact Information
- Larry Simmons
- 205 North Race Street
- Urbana, Illinois 61801