Perform general maintenance and repair of building structures and their mechanical, electrical, and sanitary systems throughout district. Assist with maintenance of grounds.Qualifications:
- Clear and valid Texas driver's license
- Must pass drug an alcohol testing
- Must be fingerprinted by a state approved vendor.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Knowledge of basic construction and routine maintenance and repair procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbally)
- Ability to operate hand and power tools
- Ability to work independently
- Assist with repair and maintenance of district facilities, including repairing woodwork; replacing electrical switches, fixtures, and motors; painting, repairing, and replacing plumbing fixtures and drainage systems; and replacing broken glass.
- Detect and report needed major repairs on building structures and their systems, including lockers, furniture, and equipment.
- Assist with mowing and detailing of district grounds.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting and climbing. Operate equipment and use tools according to established safety procedures.
- Maintain tools and equipment and perform preventive maintenance as required.
This describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
Job Categories: Support Staff > Custodian
Support Staff > Maintenance Equal Opportunity Employer
Dalhart ISD is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation. Contact Information
- Janet Hartrim
- 701 East 10th Street
- Dalhart, Texas 79022