Teachers work 9 hour days, Monday - Thursday. There are 7 professional development days in the year that will take place on one Friday per month, except December, April, and May. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATION:
- To establish effective rapport with students;
- Teaches district approved curriculum using District approved resources;
- Completes Individual Education Plans for each student, according to the needs of the student;
- Develops lesson plans and instructional material and provides individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil;
- Translates lesson plans into developmentally appropriate learning experiences;
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior to achieve an effective learning atmosphere;
- Evaluates students' academic growth, keeps appropriate records and maintains a grade book;
- Identifies student needs and makes appropriate referrals and implements strategies for individual education plans;
- Instructs students in citizenship and subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district;
- Remains available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day;
- Maintains complete and accurate student records to meet all District and State requirements;
- Plans and coordinates the work of teacher aides, parents and volunteers in the classroom and on field trips;
- Creates an environment for learning through functional and attractive displays and exhibits of student work;
- Complies with all rules, regulations and policies of the Governing Board.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Valid and Proper Arizona Certification
- To perform the job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications for this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Computer Skills - Demonstrated competency in computer applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and typing.
- Communication Skills - Ability to read and interpret general documents such as employee handbooks and safety/training manuals. Ability to write general correspondence and speak effectively with others.
- Math Ability - Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to interpret assortment of instructions furnished in variable forms. Ability to apply reason to research and solve moderately complex issues with little or no assistance.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, employee is frequently required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee occasionally will stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Employee will frequently interact with the public and other staff members. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
This job description is intended to be representative of the work performed by employees in this position and is not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility will not preclude it from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical extension of position responsibilities as defined by the supervisor. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
The Wickenburg Unified School District is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer in compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Civil Rights Act Title VII of 1972. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990. Wickenburg Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment or in any of its educational programs or in the provisions of benefits and services to students.
Job Category: Special Education > General Special Education Contact Information
- Erin Johnson
- 40 West Yavapai Street
- Wickenburg, Arizona 85390