Carney, Sandoe & Associates, an educational recruitment firm, is currently seeking experienced Learning Support, Learning Specialist, and other Learning Resource Teachers
to fill positions at the K-12 private and independent schools we work with.
Our job placement service is free to job-seekers. By getting to know you personally -- beyond just your resume -- we provide you with customized, curated job opportunities that match your specific requirements (location, school type, position type, etc.) and skills, saving you the time of sorting through thousands of job postings.Interested and qualified candidates are required to complete our online application. Please click the "Apply for this job!" button within this posting.
Our partnering schools will list positions for the 2020-2021 school year in the Fall of 2019. Apply with us today to begin supplementing your profile to directly apply to 1,000+ schools for this school year and next!
Responsibilities of the Learning Specialist:
- Work one-on-one, in pairs, or in small groups with students who have diagnosed learning differences or other diagnoses that impact achievement.
- Address reading, math, and/or writing skills based on information from teachers and/or testing.
- Develop and/or implement specific curriculum, charts, forms, digital tools and games, or other aids to help assigned students learn classroom material in alternate forms.
- Address learning strategies, study skills, developmental issues, executive function systems, social and emotional wellness, and other identified problem areas.
- Convey to teachers and parents pertinent educational recommendations made in the psycho-educational reports of individual students.
- Other duties as noted by the school.
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
Job Categories: Administrator > Special Education Director
Classroom Teacher > Alternative Learning Environment
Classroom Teacher > Reading/Literacy
Special Education > Alternative Learning Environment
Special Education > General Special Education
Special Education > Learning Disabled
Special Education > Life Skills
Special Education > Transition Specialist
Instructional Support > Individual Aide
Special Education > Special Education Assistant Job Requirements
- Master's degree in Special Education, Learning Disabilities, Reading and Literacy, School Psychology, or related field of study REQUIRED
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with adolescents and families; some classroom experience preferred
- Sophistication in understanding learning differences and devising appropriate strategies for accommodating them
- Certification in Orton-Gillingham, Lindamood-Bell, and/or Wilson Reading training preferred
- Work experience at a charter or private school preferred
At least 3 years of relevant experience preferred Master degree preferred Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required Contact Information